Consumer Insights Manager, UK
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website, we own the entire process. Since launching in early 2013 in the US, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. As part of our mission to become a global multi-channel grooming brand, we launched Harry’s here in the UK in July 2017 and we are off to a very strong start. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, to be a part of the Harry’s journey.
About The Team
At Harry’s we are dedicated to building a men’s grooming brand in the UK that represents progressive, forward-thinking values and resonates powerfully with our target. Our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of consumers is key to driving our UK business strategy. We continuously tap our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s in the future. Cracking the UK shaving market is a big job, and we are looking for someone awesome who is up for the challenge.
About The Role
We are looking for a creative and curious insights expert to be the driving force behind our UK Customer Insights function. As the Manager of Customer Insights, you’ll represent the voice of our consumers and customers to inform business decisions and unlock growth opportunities across our marketing, retail, and innovation teams. You will be the expert on category consumers and the competitive market to identify and answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust and reliable custom research.
It’s a unique opportunity to join a passionate and mission-driven team at the early stage of Harry’s journey in the UK gaining exposure to scaling a business in a new market.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Be the expert on the Harry's customer in the UK market incl. their needs, wants, and perceptions of products and brands. Specifically plan, execute and share UK Insights groups, QCS, Brand Health read-outs and perform UK customer segmentation analysis.
- Map and maintain the customer journey, codifying the omni-channel brand experience and highlighting opportunities to optimise the experience from awareness to loyalty.
- Take on a wide variety of projects with energy and vigour. Embrace both quant and qual methods and shown enthusiasm at the opportunity to get stuck in.
- Drive our Product Category Understanding: specifically how to win in specific men’s care categories (identify growth drivers, trends, claims, price points etc) Make solid recommendations for our own NPI.
- Show ability to communicate and collaborate: build great relationships in the UK & US and delivered compelling share-outs!
This Should Describe You:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fuelled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Crafty, analytical and creative – you look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations based on market trends and consumer facts
- Unwaveringly objective – You represent the voice of the consumer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- You love the idea of uncovering insights that unlock business growth and product offerings that appeal to an ever wider base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence, and are happy to push back when needs be
- 4-5 years related work experience, including strategy consultancy background and FMCG experience
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience in innovation, claims, and brand insights
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you. You flourish with direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humour - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's Who You'll Work With:
- Report to UK Brand Head / Director: Sally Simonds
- Work in the UK Brand Team alongside the UK Brand Manager & PR Manager.
- Work closely with: US Customer Insights team (including check-ins with the US Insights Director), UK Brand Team, US Brand Team, US R&D Teams, UK Growth Team.