Harry’s is seeking a Manager of Consumer Insights & Strategy to support in planning and optimizing the continued success of Harry’s across multiple channels and geographies. In this role you’ll see the direct impact of your work, carrying out quant and qual data to inform strategic decisions, own reporting and become the ‘go-to’ for the brand health and marketing attribution metrics that matter, increasing their visibility amongst senior stakeholders across the business. Your work will unlock rich insight and growth opportunities across our marketing, and innovation teams. You’ll work closely with the UK GM, Directors of Brand and Performance as well the US Insights teams. You goal is to understand the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’ at all times.
In this role you will work with a range of existing data sources as well as being responsible for scoping, developing and delivering new projects.
This is a highly unique opportunity to take on a role with a broad insights remit to drive the long term health of the Harry’s brand.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Own, track and report on the ongoing key metrics that drive our brand health; awareness, consideration, trial, loyalty, NPS, brand perceptions, purchase intent etc.
- Manage global agencies to deliver best-in-class insights output and convert the raw data into actionable strategies for the marketing teams.
- Be the expert on the Harry's customer in the UK market incl. their needs, wants, and perceptions of products and brands. Specifically plan, execute and share UK Insights groups and perform UK customer segmentation analysis.
- Map and maintain the customer journey, codifying the omni-channel brand experience and highlighting opportunities to optimise the experience from awareness to loyalty.
- Lead our in-house marketing attribution workstream; a cross-functional project that will define how we build marketing budgets in the future.
- Always embrace a mixture of both quant and qual methods to back up strategic recommendations with robust and reliable data.
- Drive our Product Category Understanding: specifically how to win in specific men’s care categories (identify growth drivers, trends, claims, price points etc) Make solid recommendations for our own NPI.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator: regularly present to senior stakeholders including the UK GM and Marketing Directors.
This Should Describe You:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fuelled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Analytical and creative – you look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations based on market trends and consumer facts
- Unwaveringly objective – You represent the voice of the consumer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- You love the idea of uncovering insights that unlock business growth and product offerings that appeal to an ever wider base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence, and are happy to push back when needs be
- 4-5 years related work experience, including strategy consultancy background and FMCG experience
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience in innovation, claims, and brand insights
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you. You flourish with direct, honest, and supportive communication.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humour - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's Who You'll Work With:
- Report to UK Brand Head / Director: Sally Simonds
- Work in the UK Brand Team alongside the UK Brand Manager & PR Manager.
- Work closely with: US Customer Insights team (including check-ins with the US Insights Director), UK Brand Team, US Brand Team, US R&D Teams, UK Growth Team.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.