About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a Manager, Commercial Strategy and Analytics (DTC) to support in planning, tracking and driving the continued success of the Harry’s online direct-to-consumer (DTC) business. In this role you generate and deliver commercial insights to drive growth of Harry’s DTC, use data to inform strategic decisions, own reporting and become the ‘go-to’ for the metrics that matter, increasing their visibility amongst key stakeholders across the business. You’ll work closely with the Director of Growth as well as the Performance Marketing Team, supporting analytical requirements and spotting trends before anyone else. In addition, you have the chance to take ownership of your own projects to propel the growth of the DTC business.
In this role you work with a broad range of existing data sources, analytical tools, forecasting models as well as being responsible for developing new tools, Excel models, dashboards and reports. You liaise closely with teams in the US including the Analytics team as well as being the key liaison with S&OP and FP&A teams.
This is a truly unique role; a highly analytical with a broad remit to drive the commercial levers that influence the health of our online business, whilst also involving a high level of critical thinking, creative problem solving and communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own, track and report on the key metrics that drive the success of the online business right across the customer journey (customer acquisition, retention, email, website)
- Develop custom dashboards and deliver regular reporting to provide KPI visibility to stakeholders across the business
- Develop business cases and size up commercial opportunities across a range of DTC initiatives to help inform prioritization
- Take ownership of projects that drive improvements to our core DTC metrics including but not limited to retention and life-time value
- Build models to drive and run scenario planning to inform strategic long-term planning decisions
- Be the ‘go to’ for stakeholders across the global business including the S&OP, FP&A teams, providing them with regular forecasts and commentaries on short and long-term growth trajectory
- Own the creation and presentation of month end KPI reviews, delivering clear narratives to senior management as well as the broader Performance Marketing Team
- Identify data analysis pain points, inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Support the Performance Marketing Team in optimizing marketing spend across the channel mix to deliver the most efficient ROI
- Partner with the Performance Marketing Team to understand their current and future analytical requirements, providing analytical support as required, development of new models, and partnering with the US Analytics teams to develop new tools for the benefit of the team
Background and Experience
- You have a degree in a numerical / analytical / data discipline
- 3+ years’ work experience in a field relating to data or commercial analysis, either in a start-up, consulting or finance environment
- An exceptionally logical approach, commercial curiosity and drive for accuracy and detail
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- You’re an advanced Excel user, highly comfortable building models and working with large data sets
- A highly analytical mind combined with an equally creative approach to problem-solving – you’re hypothesis-driven and comfortable looking beyond the what to understand the why and determine the so what
- Data obsessive and comfortable getting familiar with a range of acronyms such as CPA, LTV, ROI, AOV
- You’re excited by the prospect of continuous learning and always seek out new opportunities to better your work (e.g. the thought of learning SQL if you’re a non-SQL user is something that you’re excited by)
- You thrive in a fast moving start-up environment, are a strong team player and excited by the prospect of taking on all tasks no matter how big or small
Bonus points for the below (but not required):
- Prior work experience with a data visualisation tools such as Looker or Tableau a bonus but not required
- Knowledge of SQL a bonus but not required
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus but not required
About the Company
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website, we own the entire process.
Since launching in the US in early 2013, we’ve been blown away by the customer response to our brand, thanks to the over 5 million guys who have trusted Harry’s for a great shave. As part of our mission to become a global multi-channel grooming brand, we launched Harry’s in the UK in July 2017 and we’re off to a very strong start! We’re just at the beginning of our journey here and we’re excited at what lies ahead.