Harry's is looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global FP&A team. This role affords significant direct exposure to members of the senior leadership team and is an opportunity to play a meaningful role on key projects at a high-growth, global consumer business.
The role will be based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in our overseas offices.
About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of the Global Finance organization and is responsible for enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the company. In addition to analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company, the FP&A team takes the lead on corporate development initiatives, strategic finance and fundraising.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain financial models to evaluate and support strategic initiatives, long term planning, corporate development opportunities and fundraising
- Perform due diligence processes and transaction execution
- Work cross-functionally to deliver on ad hoc requests and presentations for internal and external stakeholders including investors
- Develop analyses, maintain and update industry comparables / benchmarks for valuation and operating metrics
- Help drive the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes providing visibility on growth, profitability and liquidity
- Support presentation of financial results against forecasts and help provide senior leadership with insights on variances, trends and implications
- Participate in the process of creating quarterly presentations for our Board of Directors
- Be part of building an awesome business
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 3-4 years of experience. You are a 3rd year investment banking Analyst or 1st year Associate in M&A or industry coverage with a record of executing/closing transactions. Pre-MBA, ex-investment bankers with PE, VC or industry corporate development experience will also be considered
- CPG / retail industry experience is a plus
- Quick learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert Excel skills—you were formally trained (e.g., Training the Street, training program at a bulge-bracket firm) and have extensive financial modeling experience (3-statements, detailed operating, M&A, LBO, cash flow, ROI analysis)
- Expert PowerPoint skills— you draft high-quality, C-level presentations by default
- Rigorously detail-oriented, always checks work and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Ability to prioritize work and take projects to completion under demanding deadlines
- Extremely high level of integrity, professionalism and discretion
- Humble. Low ego. Always putting the team first
- Motivated to learn about all aspects of a high-growth brand and business – no task is too small mentality
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Report to the Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis but work within a highly collaborative Finance team
- Significant direct exposure to the CFO and senior leadership team
- Work closely with the members of the Corporate Strategy, Treasury, Accounting, Legal and Operations teams but have frequent and unparalleled interaction with all company departments and functions globally
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.