About the Role
The Chief of Staff is ultimately responsible for helping the CEO manage the business by ensuring that everything surrounding Andy’s role runs as effectively and as efficiently as possible and by providing him with leverage across of a myriad of processes, topics, and projects.
Think of yourself at the beating heart of the company. Information, processes, and feedback will flow through and around you, to/from the CEO, and back out to his leadership team and the rest of the company. You will need to ensure that daily/weekly/monthly processes surrounding his role work seamlessly. In addition, you will need to react quickly to the constant barrage of new and evolving issues that arise every day.
You will be exposed to virtually everything that goes on at Harry’s and are expected to be one of the CEO’s most trusted confidantes and an integral partner to the leadership team more broadly.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Meeting management and preparation
- For key meetings that the CEO leads and/or attends: Manage meeting agendas, ensure effective preparation (pre-reads, etc.), help manage discussion in the meeting itself, drive follow ups and next steps
- Business Operations
- Support the CEO’s role in key processes across the company (i.e. strategic planning, NPI, functional reviews)
- Internal communications
- Work with the CEO to plan, craft and deliver internal communications (i.e. team meeting, company-wide emails, AMAs, communications on key decisions)
- External communications
- Work closely with the PR team to identify and prepare the CEO for key external communications (i.e. speaking engagements, press interviews)
- Calendar/time management
- Work closely with the CEO’s executive assistant to ensure the CEO’s time is being used as effectively and as efficiently as possible
- Organizational conduit
- Serve as a conduit for organizational feedback and be a set of eyes and ears to help create visibility for the CEO
- Stand-in on behalf of the CEO when appropriate (i.e. take calls, answer questions, sit in on meetings)
- Special Projects
- Take end-to-end ownership of select special projects on behalf of the CEO (i.e. rolling out RAPID (a company-wide decision-making framework), or supporting the post-acquisition integration with our German factory)
This should describe you
- You are incredibly organized. Creating and checking off to-do lists is literally one of your favorite activities
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities. The CEO’s job changes every day and you have to be comfortable rolling with the punches that come along with that in addition to your normal responsibilities
- You love to serve and help others succeed. This role is fundamentally one of an enabler - for the success of the CEO, the leadership team, and the company more broadly. You should be someone who derives personal satisfaction from helping others be successful
- You are deeply empathetic and have an inherent curiosity for what makes people tick. Much of your effectiveness in this role will come through influence, not hard power, and in order to influence you have to understand what motivates people
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and are unafraid to speak your mind respectfully, no matter the audience
- You are insatiably curious and love learning new things and being exposed to a wide variety of topics
- You are unfailingly trustworthy. Among your friends and family, you are the person who everyone goes to to tell their secrets and bare their souls
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand built upon one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. We launched in March of 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response ever since. Today, we have 10 million customers and are growing fast. Beyond Harry’s, we are planning to build new brands in categories in CPG and become a next generation CPG company. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands, online and in stores, around the world.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.