We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harry’s seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers. We launched in the US in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response since then.
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand. The UK is the first standalone market outside the US and Canada, and launched in June 2017. Consider it a start-up, within an amazingly successful start-up!
We’ve brought together a focused team of talented people to successfully grow Harry’s in the UK, achieve our commercial goals, build strong relationships with our customers and make Harry’s UK a truly amazing place to work. Since launch we’ve been delighted with the results, sentiment and feedback we have seen and are on-track to deliver our commercial, brand and employee goals.
It’s an exciting time to join an exciting business.
About the team:
The Global Sales & Operations Planning (“S&OP”) team at Harry’s is responsible for supply and demand planning globally and is part of the Global Operations organisation. The team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimising decisions.
About the role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global S&OP team. This person will be responsible for forecasting our UK business and will report to the Global Head of Demand Planning. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations, Finance and UK teams and have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to and impact on senior-level operations, finance and strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our London office, but requires occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in New York and Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Own the monthly Harry’s UK forecasting process
- Be the expert on the drivers behind the Harry’s UK business by running monthly cross-functional meetings to gather information from stakeholders across the company
- Produce accurate demand forecasts by owning the Harry’s UK operational model
- Collaborate with Supply Planning, Supply Chain, FP&A and Distribution teams to determine the downstream implications of published demand forecasts
- Manage projects that improve the accuracy and efficiency of our forecasting efforts
- Report key performance indicators to the Executive team including a monthly comparison of results against forecast along with insights and recommendations
- Create and manage dashboards that communicate the forecast internally to the broader organisation
- Measure and report key accuracy metrics to continuously improve the forecasting process with the goal of maintaining an efficient and optimised supply chain process
- Work cross-functionally on budgeting and ad hoc forecasting projects
- Work closely with the FP&A team on the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue and growth
- Work with the FP&A, Strategy and Operations teams on revenue and margin gap improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product and R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Have significant exposure to the Harry’s senior leadership and act as a thought partner on special projects and key business decisions
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in a demanding analytical environment, such as investment banking, private equity, consulting, a top-tier management development program or supply / demand planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Rigorously detail-oriented and produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus and results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own and drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions and fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Sense of humour - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously