Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 5 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry's, works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing, production, and inventory strategy for innovative and performance-driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing manufacturing partners and creating optimal supply chains to advance both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and retail businesses in Europe and North America. Our vertically integrated business allows us to have more direct relationships with our customers, so we can continue to provide better products and experiences for them.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will be responsible for managing sourcing activities across the UK and Europe. You will support strategic sourcing, supplier relationships, and production strategy. Specifically, as a member of our UK team, you will be the point person in a growing market for the Harry’s business, serving as boots on the ground support at our suppliers, and driving strategy as we scale our business across Europe.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in the UK, Germany, China, and New York – including R&D, Quality, Retail, Distribution & Logistics, Sales & Operations Planning, and Finance among others to manage sustaining programs, new product introductions, continuous improvement projects.
What you will accomplish:
- As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will be responsible for:
- Setting the UK and European supplier strategy to support the company’s extensive portfolio expansion and roadmap
- The success of programs from start to finish, including RFP’s, manufacturing partner selection, mass production readiness, ramp, sustaining production, and continuous improvement
- Managing layers deep into the supply chain from assembly sites, to component and raw material manufacturers
- Leading cross-functional projects and routinely present metrics, recommendations and operational considerations to the Harry’s senior team to inform the company’s strategy for product launches
- Owning global negotiations with current and future suppliers to support our business objectives
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-7 years of professional experience in an analytical, data-driven supply chain and/or operations role
- Deep exposure to the development and mass production of products (FMCG products a plus) at significant scale; preferably global
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal). Values relationships and cross-functional team work.
- Ability to rapidly learn manufacturing processes processes; technical expertise not required but your curiosity drives you to know more
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to prioritize in a high paced demanding (but fun) environment
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques and practices
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge, including occasional crises
- You love travel and jump at the opportunity to work with suppliers and see manufacturing sites first hand; including domestic and international
- You appreciate a great result and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from it
- You make decisions that put the customer first
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Global Supply Chain (based in New York, with dotted line reporting to our UK General Manager)
- Working on the Global Sourcing team, which includes Hard Products, Soft Products, Packaging, and CapEx
- Global Harry’s teams in the UK, Germany, China, and New York
- Manufacturing partners