Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, and owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how we’ve done it with the Harry’s brand. After raising $112M in our most recent round of funding, the company plans to leverage its platform and capabilities, and partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of new disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years. We call this Harry’s Labs, and this is where you come in.
As the Accounting Manager for Harry’s Labs, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the accounting operations for our new ventures business. From ensuring accuracy of G/L accounts, managing cash flows through making financial statements – you will be making sure the accounting and reporting is solid and in compliance to help drive important business decisions. You will report directly to the Corporate Controller and have extensive interaction with the Chief Financial Officer. You'd also work daily with the Harry's Labs support team and one of the Harry’s co-founders who runs Labs, as well as the members of the global finance team.
What you will accomplish:
- Record and maintain the Harry’s Labs ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and the global group accounting standards
- Prepare and post journal entries, book accruals, prepare bank reconciliations, perform intercompany expense allocations and oversee expense reporting
- Perform month-end close and prepare monthly financial statements
- Work closely with the Labs cross functional team to provide financial insights into the businesses
- Set up systems, processes and procedures with cross functional stakeholders to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Provide recommendations with any required technical accounting research
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast
- Help manage cash burn
- Participate in financial report outs to executive team
- Over time, build out the finance team for this business
- Manage ad hoc projects as assigned by the Corporate Controller
The following should describe you:
- Accounting degree with a CPA
- 5+ years of accounting or related expense, with a mixture of public accounting and industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- ERP experience is a must, with SAP experience a plus
- Excel guru
- Thrive on new and changing accounting adventures, and figuring out creative ways to track data and solve for them
- Great communicator, able to simplify complex financial terms to non-financial audience
- Low ego, no problem too small
- Excited to build something from scratch
The Harry's brand is built on the principle that every person deserves a quality shave at a fair price. We offer our products of the highest quality products direct to customers on our website - harrys.com - at a fraction of the price of similar products sold by other brands. And, because we sell directly, we get to know get to know our customers very well and ensure that we make the continue and offer the products that our customers really want and value.
We feel lucky to have an amazing team of truly great people who respect and care about one another and share the passion of putting the customer first and creating value by re-envisioning how to deliver CPG to consumers.
Harry’s believes in bringing together different individuals, ideas and perspectives to create an inclusive space so that people feel comfortable speaking out and pushing boundaries every day. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.