Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Team at Harry’s is responsible for developing and launching all new products in the men’s grooming category (razor handles, cartridges, and accessories). As Harry’s continues to grow, the team will be the primary driver of innovation to support a challenging and fast-paced product road map driven by category, retail and geography expansion.
The Art Production Team is responsible for elevating the physical expression of all Harry's packaging and retail displays, while continually improving our workflow. We maintain clean and polished work, while innovating on the use of materials and methods to push our brand to stand out within the world of consumer packaging. We keep the customer at the core of all creative objectives, working hand-in-hand with Design, Product Development, and Supply Chain to create phenomenal packaging and displays.
About the Role
The Director of Store Design and Development is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of retail sales space executions for the Harry’s brand both in the US and internationally. This individual will manage a team that is responsible for the development and production of all in-store sales spaces within retailers like Target and Walmart and all future channels. This role will report to the VP of Design and will manage a small team.
Harry's is NOT opening its own retail locations - this role will be focused on in-store merchandising efforts for 3rd party mass retailers like Target and Walmart. This is NOT a design or architectural role - the ideal candidate will have focused on in-store executions at mass retail
What you will accomplish:
- Hire and manage a team of in-store fixture developers both in the US and internationally
- Create processes to ensure the best practices of people and project management
- Ensure high standards of design, performance and quality from start of processes until implementation in stores
- Maintain design vision throughout the development process - ensure original design intent is makes it shelves
- Continuously evaluate performance of internal and external resources and propose and implement changes as required to ensure all elements are up to Harry’s brand standards
- Create and implement project schedules, spec packets (based on design concept) and manage production vendors
- Create coordination documents and spec packets that reflect retail’s project brief and design intent
- Work cross-functionally with the retail, operations and international teams
- Jump in and build in CAD if/when it’s necessary
This should describe you:
- 10+ years of in-store fixture design, planning and production
- Degree from a four-year accredited university
- Degree and background in architecture, engineering or design a plus
- Project execution in retailers like Target and Walmart is a must
- At least 5 year of experience managing a team, international team management a plus
- Must be highly organized with a methodical and strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to handle a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Computer proficient. Fluent in Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite and Keyshot
- Able to manage several projects at one time
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Positive attitude with team-driven mentality and detail oriented approach
- Passionate about design and design-driven brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.