At Harry’s we are building a cutting edge technology stack to support our multi-brand vision. We are a successful men’s grooming and men’s care brand. We launched in 2013, focused on quality craftsmanship, simple design and modern convenience and now we have over 3 million customers worldwide.
With our most recent round of financing ($112 million), we are developing brands beyond men’s care. The technology required to enable our goals is more sophisticated than first meets the eye. If you are a driven, talented engineer, come join us and help build the platform that will enable our new vision.
About the Role
As a Senior Staff Engineer, Quality you will help own the quality, live health, and bug fixing process for backend and client development. Having a strong passion for user-centered design, this role will help delight our customers by driving testing best practices across the engineering organization, ensuring we are covering testing of all functional aspects as well as availability, scalability, and performance. Deep, practical experience in testing and maintaining internet-scale applications and services is required. You will report to the Director of Engineering, Quality, Operations & Mobile.
What you will accomplish:
- Design and perform test plans for backend, web and mobile components, ensuring product quality and coverage
- Triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their resolution
- Collaborate across Engineering, Design and Product Management teams to ensure releases go smoothly
- Improve our current testing approach and explore new solutions
- Mentor engineers on testing best practices
- Create, monitor, and communicate important metrics about the quality of our apps
- Evangelize test innovations, through prototyping or other means
- Find the most challenging bugs and quality issues
This should describe you:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in creating test plans, test cases, and tracking resolution of software defects
- Experience with defect tracking tools and strong problem solving skills
- You are curious about software and how things work, you work to understand technical problems deeply, and you stay current.
- You are able to productively collaborate across Engineering, Product Management and Design teams. You invest in the success of your teammates, cross-functional partners and projects.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.