Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process. Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a Business Analyst, Senior Associate to generate and deliver insights that will drive improvements, uncover new truths, and enable smart decision-making across our Direct to Consumer (DTC) organization. In this role you will be responsible for diving deep into business performance, customer value, budget forecasting, and reporting, and will work from a broad set of data sources, analytical tools and visualisation software. You will work closely with teams across the business, including Growth Marketing, Digital Product, Analytics, and Operations. You will also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business including our CEO. Your work will directly impact the decisions we make, and the performance of the business.
The role reports into the Director of Digital Product and sits within the Direct to Consumer team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Help define how we measure and report out on DTC performance at the aggregate level and for channels within Growth Marketing and Digital Product. Regularly track the overall performance of the business and drive scenario planning to assist strategic planning.
- Independently dig into our customer and transaction data and separate signal from noise. Explain trends articulately, and form recommendations for what to do.
- Become the liaison between DTC and Financial / Operations Planning teams, working with them to forecast DTC business performance and explain variance vs. prior forecasts.
- Organize, prepare presentations for, and run monthly business review meetings to communicate trends and recommendations with the executive team and CEO
- Enable the Growth Marketing team to make strategic decisions by developing, automating, maintaining accurate business reports and data visualizations.
- Analyze Acquisition, Email, and Digital Product tests, with ability to independently pull data, draw key insights, and communicate them through email or presentations
- Forge a close relationship with Analytics team and become most knowledgeable member of DTC team when it comes to Harry’s data organization, and how best to answer one-off business intelligence questions
- Identify analytics pain points, inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
Background and Experience
- Analytic background: 1-3 years’ experience in a field involving analyzing complex data synthesizing insights, e.g. in a start-up, consulting, business intelligence, or finance environment
- Logical and deeply curious: An exceptionally logical approach, deep curiosity to understand data and its implications, and drive for accuracy and detail. You’re excited by the prospect of continuous learning and always seek out new opportunities to better your work
- Implication-oriented: You’re hypothesis-driven and comfortable looking beyond the “what” to understand the “why” and determine the “so what”
- Great communicator: Able to easily explain complex analyses and findings to stakeholders of all levels, individually and in larger groups. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Customer-centric: An overall understanding of the considerations which are integral to a good experience for online customers
- Team player: You thrive in a fast moving start-up environment, are a strong team player and excited by the prospect of taking on all tasks no matter how big or small
- An advanced Excel and Powerpoint user
Bonus points for the below (but not required):
- Prior work experience with a data visualisation tools such as Looker or Tableau a bonus but not required
- Knowledge of SQL a bonus but not required
- Experience with Google Analytics, Heap, Optimizely a plus but not required
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.