Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 4 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands in stores across the country.
About the Team
At Harry’s, our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of shoppers is key to driving our retail business strategy and our insights team is at the center of making that happen. We continuously tap our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s and the broader men’s grooming category in the future.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative and curious shopper insights expert who quickly translates learning into business recommendations that drive our retail and category growth strategies. As the Manager of Shopper Insights, you’ll serve as the internal voice of our category shoppers and inform actions to optimize their path to purchase. You will be part of a dynamic team and collaborate closely with our shopper marketing and retailer teams to plan, execute, and synthesize custom and syndicated research to create a competitive advantage for Harry’s.
What you will accomplish:
- Be the expert on the Harry’s shopper path to purchase and role of retail marketing, pricing, assortment, and promotion on shopper dynamics across distribution channels
- Translate business needs into an ongoing shopper insights roadmap; execute all learning to inform our shopper marketing and retail growth strategies
- Uncover insights required for optimizing the shopper journey and creating programs that increase brand sales and loyalty
- Support the sell-in of retail initiatives and new products using category insights derived from both custom and syndicated shopper work
- Enhance shopper insights capabilities to keep us on the leading edge and strengthen our role as a category influencer and partner of choice with key retailers
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams and senior management by distilling results to essential learning and actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
This should describe you:
- Passionate about the shopper – You’re the champion of a ‘category first’ mindset that strengthens our understanding of the category, shopper and retail partners
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Highly collaborative - You can quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative and qualitative research tools with strong experience across a range of shopper insights approaches
- You have 3-4 years related work experience, preferably related to FMCG or packaged goods
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to our Retail and Shopper Marketing teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights and Harry’s Brand teams
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.