About the Role
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building scalable data pipelines to support a variety of business needs. You will drive the tooling and construction of Harry’s data lake and warehouse solutions. You are an expert in constructing and maintaining performant and scalable pipelines leveraging Kappa & Lambda Architecture best practices. You will report to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
What you will accomplish:
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of scalable ETL processes and data pipelines
- Drive the construction of the Harry’s data lake and data discovery platform
- Drive the re-architecture and fine tuning of the Harry’s data warehouse for use by BI tools, marketing platforms, and machine learning models
- Partner with data scientists, data analysts and business users in enabling data driven decisioning including data wrangling, ad-hoc queries and supporting ML modeling
- Work with vendors and other developers to ingest new sources of data
- Contribute to improving key data engineering performance, availability and customer satisfaction metrics in support of additional brands, systems and geographies
This should describe you:
- You have experience with the AWS stack including S3, Athena, Redshift, EMR, ECS, Lambda
- You have 3-5 years of hands on experience with Python or Scala
- You have 3-5 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, application development, database development and ETL and/or data analysis domains with strong Hadoop, Hive and/or Spark knowledge
- You have hands on experience with event based streaming pipelines
- You have a strong command of SQL
- You have experience with NoSql databases
- You know how to make large software projects maintainable and extensible in the long run
- You are curious about software and how things work, you work to understand technical problems deeply, and you stay current.
- You are able to productively collaborate with business users, data analysts, and data scientists. You invest in the success of your teammates, cross-functional partners and projects.
At Harry’s we are building a cutting edge technology stack to support our multi-brand vision. We are already a successful men’s grooming brand. We launched in 2013, focused on quality craftsmanship, simple design and modern convenience and now we have over 3 million customers worldwide.
With our most recent round of financing ($112 million), we are developing brands beyond men’s grooming. The technology required to enable our goals is more sophisticated than first meets the eye. If you are a driven, talented engineer, come join us and help build the platform that will enable our new vision.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.