We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harry’s seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional grooming products to our customers. We launched in the US in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response since then.
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand. We are headquartered in New York but have a significant and growing presence in the UK and Germany.
We’ve brought together a focused team of talented people based in London to successfully grow the Harry’s business in the UK. Since we launched Harry’s in the UK in June 2017, we’ve been delighted with the results, sentiment and feedback we have seen and are on-track to deliver our commercial, brand and employee goals. The UK is the first standalone market for Harry’s outside the US and Canada. Consider Harry’s UK a start-up, within an amazingly successful start-up!
By contrast, our operations in Eisfeld, Germany have been around for nearly 100 years. There, more than 600 German engineers, designers, craftsmen, and production workers grind high-grade steel into some of the world’s sharpest blades. We also operate a successful private label razor and blades business out of Eisfeld.
About the Team
The Legal team at Harry’s works cross-functionally and across geographies to address all of the legal issues facing Harry’s, providing advice and assistance to the entire company and supporting Harry’s various corporate, commercial and transactional initiatives.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a talented attorney to join its Legal team as Counsel, with a primary focus on supporting Harry’s operations in the UK and Germany. The successful candidate will be the fifth member of the Legal team and will be based at Harry’s London office. This is a great opportunity for an attorney who seeks significant responsibilities across a wide variety of legal matters, enjoys working closely and often cross-functionally with a broad spectrum of internal clients, and wants to play a meaningful role in building strong and scalable legal and compliance functions for a dynamic company. This is a true “generalist” role that involves significant commercial work, but also (to varying degrees) compliance, employee, transactional and other matters.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide practical legal advice and support across a range of business functions
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts of varying complexity
- Support growth initiatives relating to new products and geographies
- Advise on UK and German regulatory and compliance matters
- Assist in the development of corporate policies, procedures and best practices
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Four to six years of relevant experience with a top law firm or in-house legal department
- Significant exposure to sophisticated commercial, corporate or transactional matters
- Experience advising consumer products and/or e-commerce companies is preferred
- Qualified lawyer in the UK or Germany (Germany an advantage)
- Fluency in English and German (native); ability to draft and review legal documents in both languages
This Should Describe You:
- You have outstanding legal technical skills
- You admit when you don’t know the answer and work hard to get it; you love to learn new things
- You are adept at developing innovative solutions to complicated legal problems
- You succeed by building strong working relationships with colleagues across levels, functions and teams, and you always think about how to help them excel
- You are capable of owning projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You thrive on direct, honest and supportive communication
- You take your work seriously and yourself un-seriously
- You are willing to travel frequently, particularly to our facility in Eisfeld, Germany
Who You’ll Work With:
- You’ll work closely with the other members of Harry’s growing Legal team
- You’ll work cross-functionally with all of Harry’s key internal stakeholders, including the finance, marketing, product, people, retail and supply chain teams
- You’ll efficiently collaborate with outside counsel
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.