Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
The Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting Team at Harry’s is a critical function in the Global Finance Team. This team is responsible for taking the results from our accounting teams in US, UK and Germany and consolidating them to create monthly and quarterly financials for various shareholders. The success of this team is incredibly important in supporting the growth of the company.
This newly created position will play a key role in the corporate accounting function and will be heavily involved in implementing a corporate chart of accounts, consolidation system integration, strengthening internal controls over financial reporting and optimizing the financial reporting process. You will work closely with our accounting teams in the US, UK and Germany, as well as many cross functional members of the global and US teams. Working closely with our international teams, you will need to make sure your passport is up-to-date as you will be travelling approximately once per quarter!
You will be responsible for the monthly consolidation of our US, UK and Germany reporting packages and will prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and other materials for external (quarterly/annual) and internal (monthly) reporting. You’ll also be helping analyze data and sharing information with the US and Global teams to help drive key decisions for the future of the Company.
Here’s what you’ll accomplish:
- Perform the monthly financial close of the Corporate ledger
- Calculate, reconcile, and book corporate accounting entries, including intercompany eliminations and US GAAP Adjustments
- Consolidate subsidiaries on a monthly basis
- Assist in variance analysis of assigned Balance Sheet and P&L accounts
- Coordinate internal share out meetings with US, UK and Germany on a monthly basis
- Assist in preparing consolidated Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP on a quarterly basis
- Prepare footnote schedules, maintain consolidation workbooks, create system reports to automate processes where possible
- Work closely with external auditors to complete the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Coordinate monthly internal share out meetings for the CFO with the US and international accounting teams
- Assist in preparing materials for Board of Director meetings and other internal presentations
- Assist in creating and preparing of a monthly management accounting package (MD&A)
- Assist in developing and maintaining a strong internal financial control environment for financial reporting
- Play a key role in the consolidation system integration
- Build strong relationships within the accounting and finance teams, as well as work cross-functionally in order to support the Company’s business needs
- Assist in completing special projects as needed
These might describe you:
- 2-3 years of professional experience at a public accounting firm in an audit or advisory function, blended with either experience at or the mind-set for a high-growth start-up
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Active CPA license (or pursuing)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Excited to live the start-up life – you are a self-starter, curious, and flexible to changing priorities and demands
- Love all things numbers with a high attention to detail
- Always looking to improve yourself and the processes around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- Ultimate team player; you always want to help out and there is no job too big or too small
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience working at an advanced level in Excel
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously.
Here's who you will work with:
- You'll work most closely with the US, UK and Germany Accounting teams, as well as FP&A
- You will report into the Manager of Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.