About the Company
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The analytics team helps Harry’s make better decisions, faster. We’re a data-driven organization, and we leverage our data to deliver positive business outcomes and exceptional customer experience.
About the Role
Harry’s is changing how people shop online through our e-commerce business, disrupting retail with product launches at Target and Walmart, and re-inventing how new brands and products are brought to market. The Head of Analytics will craft and execute a vision for how we can leverage data to gain operational efficiencies and strategic advantages across the entire enterprise.
We’re looking for a leader with a proven track record to cement our reputation as a force-to-be-reckoned-with technology company. As Head of Analytics, you will own the data roadmap and will lead our company to consistently deliver the very best data-driven experiences for our customers and teams. You’ll also partner with teams across the company from marketing to logistics to ensure the organization has access to useful data to help Harry’s make better decisions, faster. In addition, you’ll bear responsibility for setting the organizational roadmap for Analytics, ensuring that we invest resources towards the highest and best use as a company.
You will balance urgent and effective action, commit to excellence, take initiative to resolve problems, and hold internal stakeholders accountable. You will do this directly at the leadership level, and by coaching and building your organization to do the same. You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Develop and drive overall strategy and vision for data at Harry’s.
- Build a data science practice that will empower our entire company s to raise the bar in around optimization of business processes, quality, personalization, growth, measurement, and overall effectiveness.
- Build relationships and expertise in functional teams across the company to develop and execute on the analytics roadmap
- Lead strategy, architecture and the development of data, experimentation and analytics solutions
- Establish consistent methodologies for analysis by mentoring and coaching both direct reports and the broader team at Harry’s
- Lead discussion at all levels of the company to ensure that results are well-interpreted and put into practice
- Own the budget and prioritization for data and analytics tools, whether built internally or bought from external vendors
- Recruit, develop, manage and inspire our growing team of data analysts & data scientists
- Evangelize for the use of data to drive the business and as a key strategic asset in every department at Harry's
- 10+ years of strategic experience leading and building data teams in high growth companies; preference for e-commerce experience
- BA (MA preferred) in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related, technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Eagerness to apply data solutions to novel disciplines and a passion for working cross-functionally with teams of varying technical ability.
- You have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, solution-oriented and thoughtful
- Ability to leverage past, relevant success to immediately drive value for our team, our customers and our business
- Motivated by working in a high-growth, fast-paced and iterative environment.
- At ease with large and complicated data sets, across multiple functional areas or channels
- Familiarity with modern data science practices from econometrics to machine learning, including reasonable exposure or experience with statistical computing in R or Python
- Broad interest in the application of statistical techniques across a variety of industries from natural language processing and sentiment analysis to statistical process controls for manufacturing
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to our COO
- Lead the Analytics team
- Partner with teams across the company, including Marketing, DTC, Retail, Operations, Finance & Strategy, at all levels
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.