Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Role
At Harry’s, we care deeply about our team and our culture. The Workplace Experience Manager is a critical role in creating an outstanding experience for our team and helping build and maintain the culture we want in our office. Our team is growing quickly and in January 2018 we moved into a new 60K square foot space in Soho that is beautifully designed to reflect our Harry’s brand.
We are looking for someone to run the lead the Workplace Experience team in our NYC HQ office, managing 4-6 employees and contractors and building a culture of customer service and teamwork. Your team will be responsible for all day-to-day operations of HQ, including food and beverage programs and events. You will create and manage budgets and construction projects independently as we continue to grow our footprint.
We are looking for someone with a lot of energy and passion who loves rolling up their sleeves and driving things forward autonomously. You will initially report to the Chief People Officer and be part of the People team at Harry’s.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead and manage team of front desk associates, coordinator, mailroom and cleaning vendors. Responsible for all hiring, feedback and performance reviews.
- Create and run well defined processes for office. Maintain detailed manuals, processes and systems. Implement new systems and tools as needed. Create policies and office guidelines and communicate to employees.
- Direct point of contact for all vendor and building relationships. Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Create and monitor annual budget. Manage budget on a monthly basis and identify cost savings year over year. Point person for all office related bills and invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring we always have enough space for the Harry’s team as we grow. Find and secure additional space or implement creative options in our current space to balance employee experience and budget.
- Manage any moves/add/changes, monitor capacity of office and meet regularly with leadership to ensure space is meeting their needs.
- Manage further build outs of NYC HQ office space for Harry’s. Create space that fits Harry’s brand within our budget and timeline, working closely with VP of Design.
- Supervise outside trades – painting, electrical, plumbing, for all proactive and emergency maintenance.
- Create and run employee request management system that responds quickly to employee requests and delivered timely and friendly service to our team
- Manage office wide communication pertaining to workplace experience and building announcements.
- Ensure workplace safety and emergency plans for NYC office. Define and communicate all programs.
- Work with events team to bring Harry’s events to life, including holiday party, anniversary parties, etc.
This should describe you:
- Experience in a facilities management or office management role
- Passionate about creating exceptional employee experiences and excited to go above and beyond for your team
- Lifelong learner, seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Team player who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to help get things done
- Sense of humor who takes their work seriously and themselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting initially to the Chief People Officer
- You will work on the People team which also includes Recruiting, People Operations and Talent Development
- You will work closely with every other team at Harry’s every day
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.