Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in North America and UK, our private label and manufacturing business in Germany as well as future lines of business as we expand.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position within the finance organization will work directly with the Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis on budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis. Although not immediately, this person will be expected to assume management responsibility within a year. More importantly, this is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior level corporate finance and strategy for a high-growth consumer brand.
The role will be based in our New York office, but will also require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in the UK and Germany.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the Global FP&A team, your responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Help drive the annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes providing visibility on growth, profitability and liquidity
- Build standalone and consolidated financial forecasts at the segment and consolidated level – full P&L and cash flow
- Develop/lead financial models for a range of potential strategic and operational cases, for both internal and external stakeholders
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Own and prepare monthly financial results against budget and forecasts and help provide senior leadership with insights on variances, trends and implications
- Manage the process for creating quarterly presentations for our Board of Directors
- Support the CEO/co-founders and CFO in the production of ad hoc presentations for internal and external stakeholders including investors and lenders
- Financing and Capital Raises
- Support any future debt or equity financing processes, through production of forecasts, presentations, and responding to due diligence requests
- Strategic Cross-Functional Initiatives and Ad Hoc Projects
- Lead/build financial forecasts and analyses for new businesses, products, channels, markets and corporate development opportunities
- Build models to evaluate key business initiatives
- Lead/develop deep dives and initiatives across the P&L (revenue, product and distribution costs, margin and opex)
- Be part of building an awesome business
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-3 years of proven analytical experience in investment banking required, preferably at a bulge bracket firm, plus 1-2 years in a FP&A, corporate finance or strategic finance role at an operating company, preferably a high-growth startup or consumer product goods business
- Expert Excel and Powerpoint skills—you were formally trained (e.g., Training the Street, bank training program) and can build 3-statement models and write presentations in your sleep
- Rigorously detail-oriented, always checks work and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional collaboration; experience working across an operating company
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred
- Ability to independently own and drive projects
- Motivated to learn about all aspects of a high-growth brand and business
- Fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Here’s Who You’ll Work With
- Report to the Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis but work within a highly collaborative FP&A and Finance teams
- Work directly with VPs and leaders across the company
- Significant direct exposure to the CFO, CEO/co-founders and senior leadership team
- Manage a small team of junior staff within a year
- Work daily with the members of the Treasury, Accounting and Operations teams but with frequent and unparalleled interaction with all company departments and functions globally
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.