About Harrys UK
We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harry’s seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers. We launched in the US in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response since then.
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand. The UK is the first standalone market outside the US and Canada, and launched in June 2017. Consider it a start-up, within an amazingly successful start-up!
We’ve brought together a focused team of talented people to successfully grow Harry’s in the UK, achieve our commercial goals, build strong relationships with our customers and make Harry’s UK a truly amazing place to work. Since launch we’ve been delighted with the results, sentiment and feedback we have seen and are on-track to deliver our commercial, brand and employee goals.
It’s an exciting time to join an exciting business.
About the Role
The Commercial Analyst will play a critical role in Harry’s success within the UK business.
As this role will work across internal (UK and US) and external teams, it requires strong organisational, communication and collaboration skills, plus have attention to detail to ensure efficient and accurate results.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Cross-functional coordination / Project Management between R&D (Industrial Design, Product Development, etc.), Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, etc
- Provide the primary customer and internal analytics support for our business.
- Possess a deep understanding of shipment and consumption data in analysing daily/weekly/annual trends at the customer level and provide knowledge on the competitive marketplace as well by building primary reports
- Develop into a “storyteller” - interpret the data and tell a story with it. Be an independent thinker with great communication skills
- Manage weekly scorecards for internal tracking of the UK business
- Conduct Monthly Performance summaries of our business for internal and external needs
- Assist in day to day analytical support for the UK business, building content driven reports and presentation decks. Be the go to for ad-hoc commercial reporting
- Work closely with S&OP team on demand planning and forecast/replenishment needs
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key stakeholders to drive efficiencies
- Liaise with external consultants on strategy / systems needs
These might describe you:
- Degree educated with 2-4 years in an analytical, planning, data-driven role
- Thrives in a start-up environment, is a strong team player and is excited by and has experience of building something from nothing
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Confident and clear communication and presentation skills – able to engage and influence within the UK team, US HQ
- Highly pro-active, able to figure out answers for themselves and be tenacious in gaining the support you need to move projects forward
- Comfortable with analytical tools, market tracking data and an ability to manage complex data from multiple sources and synthesize into solid business reporting tools and analytic resources
- Highly analytical – expert in exel, commercial modelling, scenario planning and able to build narratives on the ‘what’ and ‘why’
- Curious – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s UK and US teams, and your innate hunger to learn the nuanced complexities of these practice areas will help our team identify and solve the most important problems
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the work and desires to be seen as an analytics leader not just report generator
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humour - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously