The Email Marketing team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative Email Developer to own the development & QA of personalized emails and construct a library of reusable assets to create process efficiencies in how we build emails.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between over-priced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out our website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
The Email Marketing Team @ Harry’s
Email Marketing is a small nimble team that strives to create a compelling customer journey that improves the experience for our customers. With our many cross-functional partners, we ideate around customer needs, test customer experiences, measure results, and iterate with the motivation to improve always. We currently support email for the US, Canada, and UK.
You are an email developer who has an appetite for understanding and incorporating industry best practices into emails. You are able to translate design to code while instilling industry best practices to ensure a positive customer touchpoint via proper rendering across all clients. You should be extremely detail oriented and a technical problem-solver. You should be be comfortable working in a detail-oriented environment to support several stakeholders by juggling multiple projects with various timelines. You are a process and efficiency aficionado and are excited about building for the long-term.
- Own development of all emails (one-off, lifecycle, and transactional) in our CRM platform (Braze) and partner with designers to translate mocks from Sketch into responsive emails that render properly across supported clients and devices.
- Develop and maintain reusable email assets and templates via an HTML builder (e.g. Stripo) to create a library for future use.
- Leverage templating languages to build out robust scalable email templates that incorporate personalization
- Work with engineering teams to clearly document and incorporate merge tags/variables to support personalization
- Manage the QA process for emails and use Litmus and live testing to ensure proper rendering
- Maintain email code to ensure all our emails are always up-to-date with creative changes, our customer database and industry standards.
- Comfortable exporting and optimizing assets.
- 3+ years of experience hand coding email from scratch using HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with templating languages to implement dynamic content in email and Github for documentation
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices (with Litmus or similar QA program) to ensure consistent renderings
- Be a subject matter expert in email development best practices and proper coding techniques
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical information and project statuses
- Experience working within an ESP/CRM platform
- Appreciate the balance of creative and technical problem-solving that’s inherent in email development
- Experience with Braze (or major ESP)
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
- Experience building out a repository of coded email assets
- Experience with SASS is great, but not required
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.