Brand Intern, UK
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website, we own the entire process.
Since launching in the US in early 2013, we’ve been blown away by the customer response to our brand, thanks to the over 3 million guys who have trusted Harry’s for a great shave. As part of our mission to become a global multi-channel grooming brand, we launched Harry’s here in the UK in July 2017 and we’re off to a very strong start! We’re just at the beginning of our journey here and we’re excited at what lies ahead.
About The Team
The Harry’s Brand team is dedicated to building a men’s grooming brand in the UK that represents progressive, forward-thinking values and resonates powerfully with our target. We are a highly strategic function and think through the implications of brand & PR activity with our brand goals in mind. We interface and communicate with multiple areas of the business including UK growth, US MKG & PR and US Creative. Cracking the UK shaving market is a big job, and we are looking for someone awesome who is up for the challenge.
About The Role
We’re recruiting a Brand Intern to support the UK Brand Team across a range of initiatives. This includes managing small, self-contained brand projects, keeping a watch on wider global campaigns, brand and competitor tracking, updating key IMC trackers and brand calendars, looking after product and sample send outs, contracts, invoicing and generally assisting the UK Brand Team.
It’s a unique opportunity to join a passionate and mission-driven team at the early stage of Harry’s journey in the UK, gaining exposure to scaling a business in a new market. This role is a six month internship with the potential to develop in to a full time exec role.
What You Will Accomplish
- Support the Brand Team with the execution of the H’s UK Brand Calendar. Manage a small brand moment. Be the ears on the ground for the UK, tracking along with global campaigns we’re interested in.
- Update internal IMC calendars and trackers to ensure all required assets, timings and budgets are accurately tracked in real-time as campaigns develop. Assist with meeting schedules and presentations for the brand team.
- Set up competitor tracking and regularly report back to the team (campaigns, creative, influencers, news). Key point of contact for ongoing social listening and brand sentiment monitoring with our media agency, our CX team, and using manual tracking tools.
- Assist with day-to-day brand/PR requests including product send-outs, arranging contracts and processing invoices.
- Drum up support and votes for awards H’s are nominated for.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with counterparts in the UK & US. Establish best process for knowledge share/transfer.
- Have a finger on the pulse of all things important in our target’s world. Constantly looking at how other brands are talking to him, research competitor campaigns, pricing and distribution. Be eyes and ears of the market and report on any relevant industry updates in the grooming, tech, digital, brand, creative industries.
This Should Describe You
- Super organised - very comfortable with spinning multiple plates at once; keeping on top of brand trackers, organising product send outs, sorting invoices and contracts, competitor and campaign tracking etc.
- Attention to detail - takes pride in executing tasks with a high level of accuracy. Concise note-taking during meetings and communication back to the team. Highly observant when reporting on H’s and competitor activity or industry trends.
- Do’er - pro-actively gets into the detail and drives projects forward / generally makes things happen under their own initiative.
- Brand and digitally savvy - understands brand priorities, positioning and direction. Has a genuine interest in brand messages and how they are expressed across online advertising channels.
- Naturally collaborative - ability and passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally. Good relationship builder and partner inside and outside of Harry’s.
Here's Who You'll Work With
- Reporting to Ben Dancer, Brand Manager UK
- Working in the UK Brand Team
- Working closely with: UK PR Agency, UK Growth Team, UK Customer Experience Team, US IMC Team