We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com) and in select retailers. We launched in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
We are looking for a junior marketer, who has a passion for systematically building great brands. This role will support a Senior Brand Manager and contribute to visioning the future of the Harry’s brand through identifying sources of growth and consumer insights to build a stronger emotional connection with consumers, and shepherding the accompanying projects to meet those plans. We’re looking for someone who thrives when thinking about brands, strategy, storytelling, real people—and how to tap into these levers to create a successful business. In this role, you will be monitoring all our competitors within and outside of our category, conceiving of new ideas to drive our brand forward, and bringing those ideas to life as part of a collaborative cross-functional team of marketers, designers, and scientists. You will live and breathe our brand, and help translate it so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
Who we’re looking for:
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points and insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when thinking conceptually and then tying insights and recommendations to tactics
- You are passionate about systematically propelling a brand forward
- You believe that resonant and relevant brands can drive business growth
- You pride yourself in your creativity and expansive thinking
- You find pleasure in systems, frames, and logic that make the complex easy to navigate and understand
- You love thinking about what’s best for real world people—but similarly what can propel a brand and a business forward
- You are a feeler, and can be the emotional balance to others within the organization
- You nerd-out on all things brand related
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize and synthesize complex inputs
- You love when brands do great things in the world
- You major, above all, in empathy
Here is what you will do:
- Connect the dots between consumer, category, and cultural trends to uncover new opportunities for Harry’s
- Keep a pulse on cultural and consumer trends, and share out learnings with the team
- Be the expert on men’s brands, including maintaining a monthly report on competitive performance and new product launches
- Champion the brand and portfolio vision by identifying opportunities to strengthen Harry’s role in existing categories through product extensions and improvements
- Uncover consumer insights to drive extensions and improvements in collaboration with the Insights team
- Develop product concepts that deliver against consumer needs, and collaborate with cross-functional team to bring concepts to life via product, packaging, claims/messaging, and retail strategy
- Lead cross-functional projects for product extensions and improvements, including shepherding projects through the stage gate process and working closely with R&D, supply chain, and sales channel partners
- Contribute to strategic projects focused on defining the portfolio vision, entering new categories, and developing new product platforms
- Track and diagnose Harry’s performance to identify product, packaging, and communications opportunities
- Build strong business cases, identifying volumes, pricing, product costs and marketing support scenarios, to ensure opportunities meet financial objectives and hurdles
- Work with the marketing communications team to translate product strategies into insights-based communications that will breakthrough and resonate with consumers
- Lead a cross-functional team of supply chain, distribution, marketing communications, and channel partners to ensure a successful product launch
- Represent what’s best for the brand across conversations with competing needs (be it within marketing, or across functional groups internally)
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness
Technical Skills Needed:
- Marketing concepts: basic knowledge of and aptitude for marketing concepts (e.g. brand positioning, brand architecture, competitive assessment, marketing strategies, segmentation).
- Quantitative analysis: ability to dive into quantitative data and extract key learnings, with coaching.
- Marketing research application: ability to leverage research results into actionable initiatives.
- Creative concept writing: ability to translate consumer insights and market opportunities into product concepts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in brand strategy and/or innovation, with experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Deep consumer understanding
- A gift at thinking deeply, widely, and creatively
- Experience with syndicated retail sales data (e.g., Nielsen or IRI)
- A talent at writing and creating compelling and emotionally rich narratives
- Familiarity with consumer products & digital products
- Excellent communication skills that resonate with people in the real world
- A Bachelors or other applicable advanced degree
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.