Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global R&D Team at Harry’s Inc. – the combined Harry's and Feintechnik business – works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer and wholesale business as well as strategic private label and store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
About the Role
Using their experience in manufacturing, the Process Engineer will work within the R&D team to develop, validate and deploy new production systems for both NPI programs and new technology initiatives. This will be a hand-on role that will have significant interaction with the product design engineers, the Quality Engineering and metrology teams as well as our internal and external manufacturing sites. The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience on the factory floor working on manufacturing processes such as automated assembly, molding, plastics processing, and have familiarity with validation practices and metrology techniques. Candidates are also expected to have Solidworks experience and the ability to design fixtures, tooling and machine components. Successful candidates are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work in a research environment developing new production processes while still understanding the needs of the manufacturing group. The role will sit on the Technical Program Management Team.
What you will do:
- Working under the direction of the TPM leadership, develop, evaluate, start-up and optimize high volume production equipment
- Assist the senior engineers to develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with and partnering with external suppliers.
- Work with the R&D team on NPI programs to create products will need to be optimized for manufacturability
- Assist leadership teams with capacity expansion plans and initiatives
- Work with the international manufacturing teams to provide support for new production processes and equipment
- Test and evaluate products using standard and industry specific instrumentation
This should describe you:
- A BS degree in Mechanical, Bio-Medical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3 yrs. Experience as a manufacturing or process engineer working in the areas of Automated Assembly, Polymeric processing and manufacturing equipment design
- Knowledge of machine elements and metal fabrication processes
- Familiar with manufacturing processes, work streams and quality
- Working knowledge of the inner workings of machinery and manufacturing equipment
- Understanding of metrology equipment and instrumentation
- Strong computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented approach to work – strives for accuracy
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- An ability to work and communicate across many teams
- Sense of humor (one that will reach all corners of the world is a plus)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.