About the Company
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website, we own the entire process.
Since launching in the US in early 2013, we’ve been blown away by the customer response to our brand, thanks to the over 5 million guys who have trusted Harry’s for a great shave. As part of our mission to become a global multi-channel grooming brand, we launched Harry’s in the UK in July 2017 and we’re off to a very strong start! We’re just at the beginning of our journey here and we’re excited at what lies ahead.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a Business Insights Analyst to generate and deliver insights that will drive improvements, uncover new truths and enable smart decision making across our marketing and commercial activity. In this role you will be responsible for diving deep into campaign performance, customer economics, budget forecasting, reporting and will work from a broad set of data sources, analytical tools and visualisation software. Ultimately you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the business optimises performance and makes the right marketing investment decisions.
The role reports into the Head of Growth and sits within the Growth Marketing Team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enable the Growth Marketing team to make strategic decisions by developing, automating, maintaining key business reports and data visualization tools
- Develop and maintain forecasting tools to assist in the management and tracking of the marketing budget and business performance, and be the point contact for stakeholders across the global business including the S&OP, FP&A teams
- Develop and maintain channel level KPI trackers and provide regular reporting on our key metrics, identifying trends, understanding movements and providing a concise narrative on the ‘why’ and ‘so what’
- Regularly track the overall performance of the direct-to-consumer business and drive scenario planning to assist strategic planning
- Identify data analysis pain points, inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Work with the Growth Team to optimise spend across all channels to deliver the most efficient ROI
- Work with the Growth Team to understand their current and future analytical requirements, providing ad hoc analytical assistance as required, taking on analytical deep dives, and developing new tools for the benefit of the wider team
- Offer data support for A/B tests through advising teams on test structure, sample size, sample selection and be part of the statistical analysis of outcomes
- Partner with our Data Team in the US to ensure our analytics infrastructure set-up meets the current and evolving needs of the UK business
- Be the owner of the UK LTV model, inputs and output. Share out regularly to senior stakeholders including department heads, UK GM, CEO
- Monitor UK margin performance regularly, in conjunction with FP&A and UK Finance
Background and Experience
- An exceptionally logical approach, commercial curiosity and drive for accuracy and detail
- You have a degree in a numerical / analytical / data discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in a field relating to data analysis, either in a start-up, consulting or finance environment
- You’re an advanced Excel user
- A highly analytical mind combined with an equally creative approach to problem-solving – you’re hypothesis-driven and comfortable looking beyond the what to understand the why and determine the so what
- Data obsessive and comfortable getting familiar with a range of acronyms such as CPA, LTV, ROI, AOV
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- An overall understanding of the considerations which are integral to a good experience for online customers
- You’re excited by the prospect of continuous learning and always seek out new opportunities to better your work
- You thrive in a fast moving start-up environment, are a strong team player and excited by the prospect of taking on all tasks no matter how big or small
Bonus points for the below (but not required):
- Prior work experience with a data visualisation tools such as Looker or Tableau a bonus but not required
- Knowledge of SQL a bonus but not required
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus but not required