Harry’s is looking for an analytical and passionate Senior Strategy Manager to join us in our SoHo office in Manhattan to be part of a team that is set up to re-invent the Consumer Packaged Goods industry by identifying and launching exciting new brand opportunities, leveraging the expertise, scale and assets we’ve built as part of Harry’s.
The Harry's brand is built on the principle that every person deserves a quality shave at a fair price. We offer our products of the highest quality products direct to customers on our website - harrys.com - at a fraction of the price of similar products sold by other brands. And, because we sell directly, we get to know get to know our customers very well and ensure that we make the continue and offer the products that our customers really want and value.
We feel lucky to have an amazing team of truly great people who respect and care about one another and share the passion of putting the customer first and creating value by re-envisioning how to deliver CPG to consumers.
Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, and owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how we’ve done it with the Harry’s brand. After raising $112M in our most recent round of funding, the company plans to leverage its platform and capabilities, and partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of new disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years. This is where you come in.
About the Role
As the Senior Strategy Manager for Harry’s New Ventures, you will help us identify the relevant product/market opportunities to pursue and provide the analytical support to get there.
- Identify different brand and market opportunities via primary and secondary market research
- Meet with industry experts to identify early trends, dynamics and opportunities
- Synthesize data into insightful strategic recommendations backed by data
- Own the new product/market financial model and business plan, including pricing and cost inputs
- Manage multiple work streams in parallel
- Mentor and guide analysts, and act as a player-coach.
- Lead pitches of new brand opportunities to the VP of Harry’s Ventures and Harry’s leadership
- Report to the VP of Harry’s Ventures , and be part of a small and powerful team working with our CEO to launch new brands
The following should describe you
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years in a strategic and analytical role in management consulting, private equity, VC or corporate strategy for other growth stage businesses, with a focus on growth consumer businesses.
- Meaningful experience leading primary and secondary consumer research - writing interview guides, moderating interviews with customers and experts, running quantitative surveys, concept tests etc.
- Experience building financial and valuation models in the context of evaluating new opportunities.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
- Ability to be hands on and act as an individual contributor and also guide and manage others.
- Highly analytical: Able to collect and analyze large sets of data and synthesize into themes, insights, and “so what’s”
- You can handle ambiguity and can extrapolate and synthesize your way to insightful recommendations even when data is far from perfect
- Detail oriented: Crushes the numbers and never lets anything slips through the cracks. Takes great pride in their outputs.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Confident, poised, articulate; can represent themselves as a subject matter expert in their areas of focus. Would be comfortable presenting to a senior audience.
- No task too small mentality: Willing to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds on things that need to get done.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus and results in the day-to-day business
- Likes to learn, asks insightful questions, interested in learning about new businesses. Excited to get into the weeds about how to build a brand well as how we make razor blades.
- Passionate about building a business from the ground up at Harry's
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.