About Harmony Venture Labs
Harmony Venture Labs is a team of innovators, designers, marketers, and operators. HVL has a passion for creating, operating and advising high-growth startups. Our belief is that technology platforms can and should be used to benefit people and their communities and that new venture creation is a powerful vehicle to deliver those benefits. We are drawn to big ideas and to founders who are bold enough to bring their ideas to life. Proudly based in Birmingham, Alabama, our team is committed to creating new ventures and helping great founders build their own.
We’re looking for a driven Executive Assistant/Office Manager to join our growing team. The Executive Assistant/Office Manager will report to both the Executive Business Partner and CEO, and will assist with administrative duties across portfolio companies including benefit administration, software licensing, scheduling across teams, and other typical Executive Assistant duties. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and understanding of sensitive information.
What You’ll Do
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment).
- Arrange and handle logistics for internal and external meetings including but not limited to team meetings, full staff meetings, all hands meetings, off- site meetings, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Prepare and format information for internal and external communication.
- Streamline new and existing workflows and processes.
- Oversees the office environment ensuring supplies are stocked, checking mail, etc.
- Other administrative and project duties as requested
- Communication Skills – must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to Detail – spotting inaccuracies and inconsistencies is a key piece to this role. Keeping the company’s vision and mission in mind is critical.
- Team Player- must have a great attitude and be willing to “jump in” whenever needed.
- Time Management – must be able to manage multiple projects in tandem; remain organized and produce edited content on time.
- Initiative – must be a self-starter, and possess a high level of initiative and drive.
- 2+ years of experience in an Executive Assistant role or equivalent position.
- Start-up experience preferred.
- Ability to move quickly, anticipate needs, and context switch easily.
What We Value
CANDOR COUPLED WITH HUMILITY Push the team, be honest in your assessment. Know where you need to improve and help move the team in the right direction with clear data.
SPEED AND AMBIGUITY Work hard to build processes and systems that help produce positive results faster. You don't have to know all the answers to make a decision. Learn and iterate.
RESULTS MATTER We expect our work to produce positive results for our companies, team members, and customers. We create an environment that drives positive results by encouraging constant experimentation and providing the necessary resources and infrastructure to win.
- Competitive market value-based compensation
- Unlimited sick and vacation time
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly learning stipend
- Annual remote office stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Growth opportunities