About Harmony Venture Labs
Harmony Venture Labs is a team of innovators, designers, marketers, and operators. HVL has a passion for creating, operating and advising high-growth startups. Our belief is that technology platforms can and should be used to benefit people and their communities and that new venture creation is a powerful vehicle to deliver those benefits. We are drawn to big ideas and to founders who are bold enough to bring their ideas to life. Proudly based in Birmingham, Alabama, our team is committed to creating new ventures and helping great founders build their own.
What You’ll Do
- Support Director of Product Delivery in evaluating concepts for future development and leading the concept validation process for HVL Studio.
- Learn the fundamentals of concept validation tactics.
- Schedule and conduct Discovery Interviews with Stakeholders and Target Users.
- Conduct Prototype Tests with Stakeholders and Target Users.
- Assist with the creation of and de
- Evaluate markets for opportunities via SWOT analysis.
- Assist with Creating and maintaining Product Requirement Documents.
- Utilize project management tools to ensure cross-functional teams meet objectives.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, processes, and tools for operational efficiencies across HVL team and companies
What You’ll Gain
- Exposure to many different startup ideas, business models, and strategies for new venture creation and growth.
- Increased knowledge and skills through experience with projects and assignments that will make a direct impact on HVL business units.
- Hands-on experience and insight into the early stage startup validation process and post-launch growth strategies.
- Advice and feedback from a team of mentors who will be dedicated to your success at HVL.
- An opportunity to expand your network and make meaningful connections.
- Exclusive invitation to the HVL career growth network/Slack to get early access to job opportunities, register for recruitment events, and grow corporate connections.
- A tangible work product to take with you on the next step of your journey.
To be successful in this role, you at least need:
- A strong desire to understand how startups are validated from idea to launch
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to take the lead and own your tasks and projects from start to finish
- Ability to report onsite at minimum one day per week
- A minimum of 12 weeks of full-time or part-time availability
What We Value
CANDOR COUPLED WITH HUMILITY Push the team, be honest in your assessment. Know where you need to improve and help move the team in the right direction with clear data.
SPEED AND AMBIGUITY Work hard to build processes and systems that help produce positive results faster. You don't have to know all the answers to make a decision. Learn and iterate.
RESULTS MATTER We expect our work to produce positive results for our companies, team members, and customers. We create an environment that drives positive results by encouraging constant experimentation and providing the necessary resources and infrastructure to win.
- Competitive market value-based compensation
- Unlimited sick and vacation time
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly learning stipend
- Annual remote office stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Growth opportunities