About Harmony Venture Labs
Harmony Venture Labs is a team of innovators, designers, marketers, and operators. HVL has a passion for creating, operating and advising high-growth startups. Our belief is that technology platforms can and should be used to benefit people and their communities and that new venture creation is a powerful vehicle to deliver those benefits. We are drawn to big ideas and to founders who are bold enough to bring their ideas to life. Proudly based in Birmingham, Alabama, our team is committed to creating new ventures and helping great founders build their own.
We’re looking for a driven Content Strategist to join our growing team. The Content Strategist will strategically plan, create and edit content in alignment with our vision for Harmony Venture Labs and our portfolio companies. If you have experience creating, managing and editing content and want to join a fast-paced, dynamic team - this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Stay on top of relevant industry trends
- Develop content that engages potential customers
- Edit content to ensure accuracy of research, grammar, tone and company voice
- Manage editorial calendar, and in coordination with the team, publish content to company website and social channels
- Contribute new ideas and strategic insights for quarterly planning sessions
- Monitor user engagement, web traffic, and other defined KPIs
- Communication Skills – must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to Detail – spotting inaccuracies and inconsistencies is a key piece to this role. Keeping the company’s vision and mission in mind is critical.
- Team Player- must have a great attitude and be willing to “jump in” whenever needed.
- Time Management – must be able to manage multiple projects in tandem; remain organized and produce edited content on time.
- Initiative – must be a self-starter, and possess a high level of initiative and drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a similar field, or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2-4+ years of experience as a content marketer, editor or related position
- Hands-on experience with MS Office, Wordpress, Google Analytics, social channels and other publishing tools
What We Value
CANDOR COUPLED WITH HUMILITY Push the team, be honest in your assessment. Know where you need to improve and help move the team in the right direction with clear data.
SPEED AND AMBIGUITY Work hard to build processes and systems that help produce positive results faster. You don't have to know all the answers to make a decision. Learn and iterate.
RESULTS MATTER We expect our work to produce positive results for our companies, team members, and customers. We create an environment that drives positive results by encouraging constant experimentation and providing the necessary resources and infrastructure to win.
- Competitive market value-based compensation
- Unlimited sick and vacation time
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly learning stipend
- Annual remote office stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Growth opportunities