About Harmony Venture Labs
Harmony Venture Labs is a team of innovators, designers, marketers, and operators. HVL has a passion for creating, operating and advising high-growth startups. Our belief is that technology platforms can and should be used to benefit people and their communities and that new venture creation is a powerful vehicle to deliver those benefits. We are drawn to big ideas and to founders who are bold enough to bring their ideas to life. Proudly based in Birmingham, Alabama, our team is committed to creating new ventures and helping great founders build their own.
Harmony Venture Labs builds and supports those building technology products intended to make a positive impact on their local, digital and global communities. We have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will ultimately be critical to everything we're doing. We're looking for a UX Design Intern to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you’ve ever been interested in bringing your skills to a startup at the ground level, this is a great opportunity for you.
An ideal candidate would be someone who is a quick learner and a team player who wants to improve their design skills while collaborating with the entire team. You will be fully immersed into the process of new company and product creation and development.
What You’ll Do
- Own and craft design solutions from ideation to execution.
- Conceptualize digital experiences like web/mobile apps and websites using design methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with Product and Engineering teams to create interactive products that deliver meaningful experiences.
- Talk to prospects and potential users to validate concepts and develop thoughtful solutions.
- Collaborate with other designers to give and receive thoughtful feedback on creative work.
- Deliver high-fidelity assets for new products and services.
- Present and explain design ideas and concepts to stakeholders with confidence.
What You’ll Gain
- Projects and assignments which will help build your knowledge and skills while making a direct impact on the business.
- Insight into product innovation and the UX process.
- An assigned manager and mentor who will be dedicated to your success at HVL.
Great designers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- An understanding of basic design principles demonstrated via a portfolio or collection of work samples. In order to be considered for this role, you must provide some examples of your work.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take the lead and own one’s own tasks and projects from start to finish.
- A minimum of twelve weeks of full-time or part-time availability.
- Ability to be onsite, at-least one day per week in Birmingham, Alabama.
What We Value
CANDOR COUPLED WITH HUMILITY Push the team, be honest in your assessment. Know where you need to improve and help move the team in the right direction with clear data.
SPEED AND AMBIGUITY Work hard to build processes and systems that help produce positive results faster. You don't have to know all the answers to make a decision. Learn and iterate.
RESULTS MATTER We expect our work to produce positive results for our companies, team members, and customers. We create an environment that drives positive results by encouraging constant experimentation and providing the necessary resources and infrastructure to win.
- Competitive market value-based compensation
- Unlimited sick and vacation time
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Monthly learning stipend
- Annual remote office stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Growth opportunities