Link children with the futures they deserve. Our intentionally small and community-focused independent charter school is seeking an administrative assistant. This individual would join our dedicated team of professionals who have been ‘linking’ academics, values, and community since 2005. Our community needs a team player to engage families and students, collaborate with and support staff, and support the day-to-day operations of Harlem Link.
Operations at Harlem Link
The Operations Assistant is a year-round, full-time member of the Operations Team who reports directly to the Director of Operations and Human Resources. The goal of the Operations Team is to ensure that teachers and students have the environment, materials, and processes they need to be safe and successful, and ensure the physical space meets Link’s school culture, safety, and organizational goals. Operations should run smoothly and collaboratively across the Link campus.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant serves as the front line of school operations at Link, managing the Main Office and family-facing projects. This team member has a high level of customer service, and responds efficiently and diligently in fulfilling or delegating requests received for procurement, communication, and building support. This role is responsible, but not limited to completing the following tasks:
- Review the space on a regular basis with checklists during walkthroughs;
- Provide staff members with a rapid and appropriate response when building- and custodial-related needs arise;
- Managing escalation protocol and Ops communication for any facilities issues driven by staff and faculty;
- Maintain signage throughout the school in good aesthetics;
- Develop tracking and escalation system for punch-list items, and preventive maintenance cycles.
Support the development, management, and maintenance of the procurement lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Negotiating and vetting vendor selections for ongoing supply and operational needs;
- Support account creation for ongoing vendors and sources;
- Managing inventory of common supplies, including scheduling orders, organizing stock, and maintaining cleanliness;
- Creating and developing inventory systems rolled out to all staff for both classroom ordering and communal supply;
- Fulfill purchase orders and follow requests through entire requisition, receiving, and reconciliation cycle;
- Managing school-wide receiving and distribution system;
- Support archival of digital receipts and purchase orders in compliance with NYS and internal audits.
- Answer phone calls from staff and outside vendors;
- Provide coverage for other Operations team members;
- Provide coverage for School Safety when agents are absent and for intermittent breaks and meetings;
- Greet and interact with visitors and school personnel in a professional and positive manner;
- Support the Office Manager in picking up and sort mail/packages daily;
- Maintain the cleanliness and professionalism of the school environment, running miscellaneous related errands as needed;
- Assist with the distribution/execution of lunch and other meal-based issues;
- Perform other appropriate duties, as assigned;
- Create and collaborate on all digital tracking and archiving projects.
All candidates must have:
- At least 1-2 years work experience in DOE or charter school operations role
- Picking-up boxes/materials up to 25 lbs with limited assistance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher, and Google Suite Programs (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-tasks and solve problems.
Ideal candidates have:
- Experience with database and digital project management systems
- Bachelor’s degree or above not required, but strongly encouraged
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French
- Entrepreneurial leadership qualities
- Aptitude in design/publication software (i.e InDesign, Salesforce, EMMA, Adobe, etc.)
Effective candidates are:
- Highly-skilled collaborators with families, school staff, vendors, and community
- Self-motivated learners who are outcomes-oriented and develop professional metrics of success
- Creative thinkers who take a solutions approach to school and family challenges
- Entrepreneurial learners in seeking feedback and professional growth
- Hard-working professionals dedicated to doing whatever it takes so that the staff can do their best and support the success of our children, and to help build strong relationships with families.
Timeframe and Compensation
The Operations Assistant is required to be on-site, Monday thru Friday, reporting daily at 7:00 am, and reports to the Director of Operations & Human Resources. Some evening hours may be required with advanced notice.
This is a salaried position with a competitive pay range commensurate with experience. Benefits are provided in accordance with school policy.
Harlem Link is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Join Team Link! To apply, submit a resume today.