About Happify Health
Happify Health is a global software-enabled healthcare platform focused on improving mental and physical health. Our platform utilizes an evidence-based approach that delivers scientifically-validated programs which positively impact behavior to help manage chronic conditions alongside providing access to solutions such as telehealth, AI-powered coaching and access to therapeutics, as required, to improve peoples’ everyday lives. Happify Health offers two core solutions for its customers and end-users; Digital Therapeutics and Care Delivery solutions and services across the healthcare ecosystem, including enterprises, health plans, health systems, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and individuals. Today, the Happify Health platform is available globally in 10 languages, supports more than 10 chronic conditions, and covers more than 20 million lives.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Localization Specialist with written and spoken proficiency in Chinese and/or Japanese. This role will include handling the day-to-day support of the localization workflow in projects across Happify’s 9 global languages. The Localization Specialist will own the quality assurance procedures for all 9 languages and specialize in new content localization in Chinese, Japanese, German and Portuguese, with the possible addition of further languages. The workflow will specifically entail the requesting, analyzing, and exporting of content that needs to be localized, managing queries, ensuring translation quality and on-time delivery, and uploading/filing the final versions of the files. Reporting to the Senior Manager Content Localization, this person will also work closely with the global teams of freelance translators, experts and quality assurance consultants to ensure an accurate, polished end product.
Happify Health has offices in New York and Massachusetts, but we are open to remote candidates based elsewhere on the East Coast of the U.S as this role will work closely with teammates in Europe.
- Check for completeness and quality of deliverables at each step of the translation process.
- Manage queries and issue resolution during the localization process.
- Build, maintain relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to collect feedback on localization quality and cultural relevancy, and improve the localization process and turn-around time.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop an optimized content offering and quality for the Chinese, Japanese, German, and Portuguese versions of Happify.
- Collaborate with the web development team to report and test any functionality, formatting or other issues found in the localized app/website.
- Assist the Content Team with production or operations tasks.
- At least 3 years of experience working in content localization for a website/app.
- Experience directing freelancers in a variety of localization workflows such as written and audiovisual.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects both short-term and long-lead.
- Efficient, focused, and with a keen eye for detail and cultural differences across multiple regions.
- Experience working within a content management system, with CAT tools and/or localization software.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, technical, and mission-focused environment.
- Highly proficient in Chinese and/or Japanese, other languages a plus.
Happify values candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We do not discriminate based upon ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status. We're committed to building a company that is an inclusive environment for all.
There have been cases of scams targeting candidates by individuals pretending to work at Happify. We will never ask you to share financial information to participate in our recruiting process. If you suspect that you've been contacted by a scammer, please consider filing a report with law enforcement. If you'd like to verify an email you received from Happify, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.