Happify Health, a fast-growing mental health and wellness technology company, is seeking a Program Director to join the Content team. Reporting to the Head of Content Strategy, the Program Director will lead writers and clinicians in the creation of dynamic, interactive programs on the Happify app/website that help individuals make healthy behavior changes while improving their mental and physical health.
The right candidate is a top-notch editor, a proven leader who can successfully manage remote teams, and a project management whiz who can juggle competing priorities while meeting every deadline with ease. You have a passion for mental health and wellness, and a desire to make a lasting impact on users through engaging experiences and interactive conversational content powered by A.I. You’re quick to learn new technologies, a pro at managing multiple work streams, and enjoy collaborating with team members across various disciplines, from academia to marketing. You can think big-picture strategy, and then dive into the details of the execution.
While the ideal candidate will be based in NYC, where Happify Health is headquartered, remote working is a possibility for the right candidate. Happify Health also has an office in Burlington, MA.
What you will do
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of writers and clinicians to create new programs (“tracks”) on Happify across all lines of business: Digital Therapeutics (DTx), Healthcare & Employer, Direct-to-Consumer
- Collaborate with Head of Content Strategy, data science, and DTx teams to design user journeys and integrate user data to personalize the experience and enhance efficacy through A.I./machine learning.
- Recruit leading researchers, clinicians, and other experts to co-design Happify tracks to accommodate different user populations
- Oversee in-house and remote writers across several ongoing projects, ensuring all deadlines are met and product is consistently high-quality
- Top-edit and approve all activities and tracks prior to release
- Collaborate extensively with Head of Content Strategy, plus DTx, Healthcare, and Happify Labs teams to understand business and/or research needs to inform track design and development
- Develop and launch high-quality, engaging content, maintaining a high level of research and rigor
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Happify’s science framework including CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness
- Consistently evaluate product for effectiveness and identify areas for improvement
- Identify new ways to personalize content through A.I./machine learning
- Maintain Happify’s voice across all content experiences
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of digital content experience with a major media or health/wellness company and 3-5 years managing teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects on time in a fast-paced environment
- Superior leadership abilities—you can inspire, motivate, and nurture your team members to produce their best work
- Experience leading the creation of digital programs or courses and/or editing health, wellness, mental health or psychology content for a consumer audience
- Adept at learning new technologies and comfortable working in the context of A.I. and algorithm-driven dialogues
- Demonstrated success in creating and streamlining processes across multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker and creative problem-solver
- Superior grammar and copyediting skills—you catch it all!
- Experience working within a content management system
- Extremely organized and adept at managing remote team members across multiple projects
- A collaborative and curious spirit
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude—you’re happy to jump in and get things done
- A passion for mental health or health & wellness is a plus!