About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with health plans, pharmaceutical companies, and self-insured employers, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing so they can live life more fully.
About the Role
Happify Health is hiring an early- or mid-career Research Associate (rank + salary based on experience) with a specialty in research areas and statistical methods that complement our current team members' areas of expertise (see below). Research Associates at Happify are well-rounded Ph.D.-level researchers with broad knowledge of different types of research methodologies, statistical approaches, and writing styles. They identify areas of new competence they wish to pursue and are actively working to grow in those new directions. We are open on whether this particular Research Associate position is primarily statistical/analytical, or a more even mix of analytical and writing.
Research Associates are expected to have strong verbal and oral communication skills, as well as data analytical skills. They should be able to work independently, serving both as both a team member and a project lead as the situation demands.
- PhD in psychology or related field with experience in a variety of research methods and analytical techniques; Masters in biostatistics or data science also potentially workable
- 2+ years postdoctoral experience preferred, but exceptions will be considered with strong record of frequent publication and clear interest in a career in industry.
- Statistical expertise not currently represented in our department (e.g. topics analysis, observational/non randomized intervention analysis, missing data, qualitative analysis, big data/data scientific approaches, diary methodology/intensive longitudinal methods, HLM/MLM, etc.)
- Familiarity with search databases such as PsycInfo and Google Scholar
- Proficiency with scientific writing, including familiarity with APA and AMA citation styles
- Strong project management skills – this position involves managing multiple project contributors
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences, both general and technical (less necessary if specializing in analysis/statistics/data science)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to pick up new research-related skills quickly (e.g., using mTurk or SurveyMonkey, interacting with the web-based Happify admin tools).
- Work with team members to develop ideas for manuscripts using existing data or design new studies for data collection
- Conduct and synthesize information from literature reviews, with support from team members (less necessary if specializing in analysis/statistics/data science)
- Perform data analysis for internal, business purposes, as well as for research publications
- Draft and submit manuscripts for peer-review; handle revise-resubmit requests as necessary (less necessary if specializing in analysis/statistics/data science)
- Perform research support tasks on the team as needed
- Network with researchers and generating new research collaborations at conferences or other events
This job reports directly to the Chief Scientist. The position is full-time with benefits (including funding for professional development), and is based in our Burlington, MA office. While there is potential for remote work, applicants should live within driving distance from Burlington and should be able to commit to spending a full week in Burlington 4-6 times per year. Applicants should only apply if they are seeking a commitment of 2+ years.
Happify Health is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.