About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with large self-insured employers, health plans and pharmaceutical companies, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT), positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing, so they can live life more fully.
About the Role
We are looking for someone with the drive and passion for collaborating with healthcare innovators and educating the employee benefits marketplace about Mental and Behavioral Health. Join us in making healthcare history by measurably impacting people’s lives in new and meaningful ways.
Your primary goal is to sell the Happify Health solutions to large employers! To be successful in this role, you need to have a deep understanding of our product and mission, and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a quota carrying sales role. We are looking for someone who wants to be a true entrepreneur, who loves creating and executing process at the same time, uses technology as a key part of your sales process; and is a proven team and business leader, loves to help others succeed, and has a passion for working for a mission-driven company.
This role is based in Chicago (or virtual); willing to travel 50% of the time.
What you’ll do
In your role leading Midwest Employer Sales, you’ll be uncovering, developing, and closing opportunities with employers. Your primary areas of focus will be:
- Large Market Employers – Focused on employers over 3,000 employees
- Employer Benefit Consultants – Educating and supporting their understanding of Happify
- Partner Channel Opportunities - Uncovering targeted opportunities to collaborate and enhance Happify’s health availability
You’ll manage the sales process from beginning to end: prospect for new customers, generate, qualify and follow up on leads, develop and deliver pitches, assist with contracting and pricing, and close deals. You will interface with all parts of our company, providing valuable real-world feedback to our Consumer activation, Product, Marketing, Labs and Clinical teams. You’ll see your impact, every day.
- Own the sales process for your region: from initial prospecting to deal closing and hand off to the customer success team
- Manage your region's pipeline to help Happify increase market share: account targeting, prioritization and forecasting
- Develop deep relationships with your market, educating them on mental health & it’s connection to business outcomes (impact medical trend, productivity) and Happify Health solutions
- Build strategic relationships across a matrix of roles and areas of expertise within employers and consultancies
- Deliver upon core sales metrics, identifying opportunities, growing pipelines and developing new partnerships
- Develop an operating calendar, a detailed account plan/forecast, and account planning/mapping process for collaboration and review
- Maximize, drive and achieve revenue and margin goals while staying within the allocated budget
- Demonstrate a broad comprehension of the customer’s needs, market trends, industry challenges, major players, relevant products and technologies
- Build and maintain a deep and comprehensive familiarity of Happify Health’s products and sales road-map highlighting new product functionality
Qualities we are looking for:
- Diligent, persevering, hard-working - Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done – lead gen, marketing, cold calling, pitch creation and delivery, building relationships, closing deals, etc.
- Execution-oriented, make things happen rather than waiting for things to happen
- Passion for the behavioral health space - you care about our mission
- Team player -- work collaboratively with highly-talented colleagues The ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Startup ethos, a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-efficacy -- Work from home, without a lot of structure, thrive on frequent change
- Creative, out of the box thinker
- 7+ years of progressive direct, strategic B2B sales experience
- A proven track record of sales success (new logos) and working with large employers (managing and selling in an employee benefit and human resources environment)
- Have worked in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Have successfully sold a product that doesn't sell itself, not a household name (we're a new product in a new market)
- A robust network of contacts
- Preferred experience: Behavioral health, wellness, employee benefits, healthcare or HR sales background
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Resilient, driven strategic seller possessing the emotional intelligence and patience to navigate sometimes long, complex sales processes
- Outstanding presentation skills – use of technology to present in small and large group settings, both in person and via virtual meeting tools and/or conference calls
- Experience successfully navigating the employer ecosystem (consultants, brokers, payers, TPA, etc.) to drive growth is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Engineering, or a related discipline
Why Join Happify Health?
Our mission: We empower people to live full lives through meaningful behavior change.
Mental health and well-being are dynamic and highly personal. Happify is a highly engaging self-care digital platform designed to be available for individuals on their terms. Happify is Effective Across the Mental Health Continuum: We provide effective, relevant, science-based solutions that span the broad continuum of needs from maintaining wellness, to screening, early detection, and support for diagnosable mental health conditions including those associated with co-morbid chronic conditions.