About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with health plans, pharmaceutical companies, and self-insured employers, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing so they can live life more fully.
HappifyDTx is the Happify Health division headquartered in Burlington, MA and focused on partnering with pharmaceutical companies to develop and commercialize regulated prescription-only and OTC digital therapeutics to treat anxiety and depression that are comorbid with other diseases, as well as to treat the symptoms of the underlying disease.
About the Role
HappifyDTx is looking for a Director, Value and Access to lead the development and execution of market access and pricing strategies for our digital therapeutics pipeline.
This position will support both the tactical and strategic components of HappifyDTx, maintaining a high level of collaboration and integration with our market research and regulatory departments as necessary while partnering with colleagues across the organization in order to develop, test and implement innovative contracting and payment models. The Director, Value and Access will have responsibility for developing resources for the Happify Health Solutions and HappifyDTx account management team, managing trade association meetings, and payer media planning.
- Represent Market Access function in the cross functional Product Development and Commercialization team
- Lead development of strategies to create an optimal market access environment
- Develop a clear roadmap, including activities and resources needed prior to, during and after launch of new DTx products
- Lead development of the global payer value story for health plans, PBMs, speciality pharmacies, employers, and governments to ensure robust supporting evidence to support various types of reimbursement models, including value-based outcomes models
- Develop a clear and aligned pricing strategy to enable optimal patient access and rapid uptake
- Developing non-branded and branded payer promotional items
- Developing and coordinating training efforts in support of payer facing teams working closely with Value and Access, Account Management, Training, and Brand team leadership
- Coordinating and contributing to payer market research efforts as needed
- Conduct market intelligence to understand how other DTx, pharma, biotech and medical device companies are innovating their reimbursement models for new DTx value propositions and solutions
- Updating payer support tactics, marketing programs and tools.
- Providing analytical support around payer reports to capture trends around coverage, distribution, and costs
- Budget tracking
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and company processes
- BA, BS or equivalent required. Graduate degree is a plus.
- 5-7+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience. DTx experience a plus
- 3+ years of Market Access experience, such as Payer Marketing, Account Management, Contracting, Training
- Understanding and experience in different access and reimbursement models
- Experience in developing tools and tactics applicable to US payer markets, and global experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate tactical direction and related concepts clearly, orally and in writing, across internal and external audiences
- Strong project management capabilities including time and events, scenario and contingency planning, and the ability to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of outputs and deliverables
- Ability to develop and implement tactical executions
- Capacity to engage effectively with agencies in order to translate marketing objectives into actionable and innovative strategies and solutions
- Reliable and responsible management of budgets and expenses
- Strong tactical execution and project management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Proven ability to align internal stakeholders and achieve results through collaboration
- Experience developing value stories and messages for innovative first-in-class therapeutics
- Strong experience linking evidence to value and creating clear value communication tools for payers
- Experience developing global launch market access strategy
- Sound knowledge of global healthcare systems and pricing and reimbursement requirements, and ability to tailor strategies to a diverse set of market types including US, EU, Japan, and emerging markets
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and presentation skills
- Practical hands-on experience with market access and pricing negotiation desirable
Happify Health is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.