About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with health plans, pharmaceutical companies, and self-insured employers, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing so they can live life more fully.
HappifyDTx is a division of Happify Health that is headquartered in Burlington, MA. We focus on partnering with pharmaceutical companies to develop and commercialize regulated, behaviorally-based digital therapeutics (prescription-only and OTC). Our products are primarily designed for use in the context of chronic conditions; specifically our primary aim is to treat anxiety and depression that occurs comorbidly with other conditions, and to treat the symptoms of the underlying disease by targeting psychological factors that exacerbate it.
About the Role
HappifyDTx is seeking a Director of DTx Design and Management to join our team. This role will oversee product strategy, roadmapping, sprint management, rapid testing and piloting, and release planning for products related to a variety of conditions. He/She will be responsible for evaluating the viability of market opportunities, identifying and prioritizing high level product requirements, and guiding those product requirements through development and implementation.
In this highly-collaborative position, the candidate will partner closely with Research & Development, Engineering, Content, Sales, Marketing, and Operations.
- Lead global go-to-market product design, development and management strategy for targeted digital therapeutics areas
- Provide market insight regarding competing products, features, functionality, potential efficacy, application, mechanisms of action, etc. for potential market opportunities
- Provide cross-functional leadership to develop innovative products that enable improved clinical and economic outcomes across therapeutic areas
- Identify the processes required to diagnose, treat and manage patients with specific diseases when offering digital behavioral therapies
- For each new disease-specific Happify Rx product, select appropriate interventions from Happify’s existing catalogue and work with Content to customize
- Identify existing, research-based interventions in the literature and adapt them for use by us to diagnose, treat and/or manage that condition
- Gather Voice of Customer (VOC) through online research, primary research, workshops, focus groups, etc. to define customer requirements for new products
- Represent expert level knowledge of products, services, and their mechanisms of action to customers
- Work with the Head of DTx to develop and maintain a rolling 3-year product roadmap that delivers high customer value and increasing profitability
- Ph.D. in behavioral sciences with deep knowledge, understanding and application of cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction, positive psychology, and other psychosocial therapeutic approaches
- 5+ years of product development and management experience in digital therapeutics, biologic and/or pharmaceuticals
- Proven success taking product from new concept through strategy development, feature requirements definition, and product launch
- Experience with FDA regulations and guidelines for Software as a Medical Device for both 510(k) and De Novo filings preferred
- Experience in running and developing protocols for and/or participating in the management of proof of concept and pilot clinical studies, as well as familiarity with the design and workings of multi-site clinical trials
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership experience with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical and business/product strategy skills
- Ability to present complex technical topics to a variety of audiences
- Ability to quickly understand and effectively communicate about new technologies
- Ability to set direction in highly dynamic environment
Happify Health is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.