About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with health plans, pharmaceutical companies, and self-insured employers, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing so they can live life more fully.
HappifyDTx is the Happify Health division headquartered in Burlington, MA and focused on partnering with pharmaceutical companies to develop and commercialize regulated prescription-only and OTC digital therapeutics to treat anxiety and depression that are comorbid with other diseases, as well as to treat the symptoms of the underlying disease.
About the Role
The Manager in DTx Analytics will provide input to DTx product design and development, brand strategy development and decision-making for Happify DTx based upon patient data and market research and data analysis. They will be a key member of multiple teams tasked with planning, prioritizing, managing, and executing a scope of work within digital therapeutics. The Manager in DTx Analytics will be responsible for providing strategic input to the extended DTx team via qualitative/quantitative primary market research projects and secondary data analysis by proactively defining business questions and opportunities, identifying strategic insights, and recommending actionable business solutions.
The Manager in DTx Analytics will also support forecasting for all commercial and pipeline projects during the long range planning and budgeting process. This role will be responsible for analyzing the marketplace, competitive environment, and future trends, summarizing findings and generating meaningful recommendations for the brand team and leadership. The Manager of Analytics should proactively identify sophisticated methods and approaches to using analytics in support of critical business decisions and actions. The Manager in DTx Analytics will have a unique opportunity to create, institute and manage data and business intelligence strategy and implement new technology capabilities to support the organization’s operational and clinical departments.
- Be instrumental in the design, development and implementation of a database and data warehouse for HappifyDTx
- Develop an enterprise dashboard and analytics capabilities. Reports may include, monthly tracking reports, analysis and scorecards, performance metrics, and KPI implementation and standardization.
- Ensure data is available to the finance, operations, and clinical staffs in an actionable and usable way.
- Support the organization’s initiatives that require analysis through developing and maintaining reports. This may include, comparative year over year and budget to actual reports, service delivery costs and utilization trends.
- Responsible for ad hoc analytics including modeling of scenarios utilizing statistical applications as necessary.
- Analyze various third party reimbursement methodologies the organization is subject to, either through governmental agencies or private health care delivery networks, shared savings, and risk sharing. Develop, maintain and report on the varied data elements necessary to improve operational and financial performance under these models.
- Responsible for supporting organization initiatives/projects requiring data analysis.
- Manage external third parties where relevant.
- Support and solicit input from all levels of the organization.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Work closely with cross functional teams (commercial, clinical, regulatory, program teams) to identify and understand critical questions and information needs for pipeline programs
- Lead market research and market analytics efforts that provide valuable customer and competitive insights and thereby support HappifyDTX brand decisions
- Develop actionable market insights through secondary research and primary qualitative and quantitative research; effectively integrate primary and secondary research resources and activities
- Provide an objective market viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of customer and environmental information; provide recommendations on marketing strategies and tactic effectiveness
- Act as an internal consultant to stakeholders across marketing, sales, market access, clinical, regulatory, finance, manufacturing, and other functions, to support strategic decision making
- Implement market research studies and manage budget of projects; brief agencies to deliver what is required (e.g. objectives, timeline, compliance requirements, actionable insights and recommendations); understand vendor capabilities, quality requirements, and recommend innovative options. Types of research studies to include but not limited to treatment landscape, product positioning, ATU, segmentation, demand studies to inform forecast, etc..
- Complete complex analyses using available secondary data, syndicated reports and databases and integrate findings into primary market research efforts to tell and evolve the "story".
- Proactively communicate and facilitate discussion with marketing / commercial teams to ensure that insights are considered in decision-making and planning; integrate a variety of sources/studies to present strategic options to the extended team; provide consultative guidance to marketing / commercial team(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or Life Sciences or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ informatics experience (preferably health care services sector), technical background, contemporary data infrastructure/tools, modeling, statistical analyses, and forecasting experience.
- 4-6 years of experience in market research/ forecasting/ analytics and/or decision support in the biopharmaceutical industry; extensive experience with primary market research required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Working knowledge of database technologies such as SQL.
- Ability to share information in a clear and concise manner; thorough, in-depth information gathering, strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and an ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines in short time frames.
- Certified SQL Data Base Administrator (highly preferred)
- Ability to effectively work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems through rigorous application of logic, as well as the ability to find creative solutions where needed
- Ability to challenge internal assumptions and go beyond the "obvious" answer
- Ability to represent the market analytics function on commercial and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with secondary data sources in the pharmaceutical industry
Travel anticipated: 20%
Happify Health is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.