About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with health plans, pharmaceutical companies, and self-insured employers, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing so they can live life more fully.
HappifyDTx is the Happify Health division headquartered in Burlington, MA and focused on partnering with pharmaceutical companies to develop and commercialize regulated prescription-only and OTC digital therapeutics to treat anxiety and depression that are comorbid with other diseases, as well as to treat the symptoms of the underlying disease.
About the Role
The Director, Account Management will have responsibility for ensuring access and growth of HappifyDTx products by driving deal sourcing, due diligence, and negotiation of activities of product-focused collaboration. In leveraging a broad base of prior pharmaceutical industry experience, a high attention to detail, advanced analytical skills, and experience structuring complex licensing collaborations and acquisitions, the successful candidate will assume a key role in a business-critical function that directly impacts HappifyDTx’s mission of delivering a new generation of transformative treatments for patients. This individual will be responsible for supporting the negotiation and execution of a range of business development transactions aimed at helping HappifyDTx achieve its strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the commercial relationship and the development of account strategies
- Responsible for building strategic relationships at executive levels and coordinate sales/service activities to ensure optimal product access and influence positive decisions within these organizations.
- Analyze and adjust targeting strategies based on performance.
- Understand and identify the short and long-term strategic vision and objectives within each assigned key account.
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate competitive activity, identify key opportunities, and develop specific market objectives and tactics that optimize business performance.
- Develop effective account plans and monitor progress toward those plans.
- Track, problem solve, and analyze contracted product performance and communicate account performance broadly with key stakeholders.
- Partner with clinical team to facilitate development of medical education programs
- Participate in strategic planning and evaluation sessions with sales, marketing, contracting, legal, and strategic accounts.
- Maintain competitive market intelligence to guide pricing strategies.
- Attend and participate in designated sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows.
- Develop meaningful relationships both within HappifyDTx and with potential partner companies
- Working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to develop proposals for structuring and negotiating a range of deals
- Soliciting internal feedback on deal issues and ensuring feedback is incorporated into deal documents in a manner that addresses business needs
- Actively tracking issues in deal documents and developing thoughtful solutions
- Helping to develop negotiation strategy and leading or supporting counterparty negotiations
- Preparing supporting documentation for transactions (including external presentations, opportunity reports, management presentations, Board memos and other deal communication materials)
- Bachelor's degree
- JD, MBA, and/or advanced scientific degree preferred
- 5-10 years of Pharmaceutical Account Management with direct involvement in establishing and managing corporate accounts
- 5-10 years of experience working for a pharmaceutical/biotech company in corporate development, licensing, and/or strategic analysis capacities
- 2+ years of market access/corporate accounts management experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret hospital economics/financial performance, successfully navigate through health systems.
- Financial analysis and modeling capability
- Expert negotiation skills
- Applied / relevant experience in licensing partnership structuring, collaboration agreements negotiations, analytical evaluation, technical communication, transaction process management and project management
- Deep understanding of value frameworks and knowledge of financial evaluation techniques
- Ability to perform in-depth analyses of technologies, products, therapeutic areas and companies
- Transaction experience, as a BD/M&A professional or through professional services (e.g. investment banking firms, law firm, venture funds, or private equity)
- Ability to manage drafting sessions and exhibit creative thinking and high attention to detail in such sessions
- Knowledge of biotech industry intricacies (e.g. development risk, portfolio prioritization, approach to valuing pipeline assets, importance of regulation and intellectual property)
- Strong track record of high performance, while actively networked and engaged in biopharma BD communities
- Professional gravitas necessary to make impactful first impressions
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate across levels and to various audiences
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process and the regulatory, reimbursement and commercial environments
- Ability to simplify complex ideas/concepts and synthesize and summarize a complex set of facts
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Comfortable reading and understanding complex legal agreements
- Ability to work cross-functionally within and beyond the Business Development organization -- Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams including R&D, Commercial, Legal, IP, Finance and Operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to think on your feet
- High emotional intelligence and ability to forge relationships internally as well as externally.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases
Happify Health is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.