What We Need:
We’re looking for a hands-on Director of People to work as a trusted partner to the Hangar 13 global leadership team. Reporting into the President, you will partner with HR to develop and implement talent management strategies, recruiting, coaching, organisation design, compensation, retention, team member engagement, learning and development strategies, and much more. Your work will result in an optimized organization, capable managers, and engaged team members.
What You Will Do:
- Support H13 President and leadership team to translate business goals into effective people strategies that are scalable, pragmatic, and adaptable to changing business needs, regularly measuring success of the plan.
- Recommend innovative approaches and methods to drive continual improvements in strategic objectives, efficiency, HR development, and engagement within the company.
- Mentor and support local HR Managers to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions, striking the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/infrastructure.
- Lead on Leadership development programmes for the studio and project leadership teams, identifying ways to build and develop the team skillset.
- Own and deliver culture and engagement programmes across the studio
- Influence, drive decisions and recommendations with data.
- Resource planning with the studio leadership team, identifying sustainable team structures able to deliver against planned growth
- Lead DE&I initiatives, driving inclusion, awareness, and empowerment of individual voices.
- Supported by our Legal team, you will lead on employee relations matters for senior management level and above, working with the business leaders and supporting all parties to ensure the process is delivered in a timely manner
- Global oversight and direction of compensation, talent acquisition and recruitment & onboarding
- Inspire change initiatives, develop change management plans, and manage stakeholders before and after changes occur.
- Coach at all organisation levels and demonstrate success in driving career retention and rewards programs.
- Deliver results both as a strategic and a hands-on People business partner with a "pulse" of its employees.
- Be a passionate teammate with a drive to build a positive work environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication, including high-quality document preparation and presentation skills.
- Be able to work autonomously, exercise excellent judgment, and be a critical member of both business and HR teams.
Who We Think Will Be a phenomenal Fit:
- A transformation and change agent with success in a high growth industry and organization
- At least 5 years previous experience of working as a HR Director or similar seniority and as part of a leadership team
- Experience in leading a team of HR Managers (or equivalent level) previously
- Ability to work in a matrixed organisation; to collaborate and ensure excellent communication with all collaborators.
- Ability to engage, influence and develop solid relationships within a creative production environment
- Extensive knowledge and application of UK, US and EU employment law, organisation design and development, organisational change methods, guidance, and talent management principles and processes.
- Become comfortable with ambiguity in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Form relationships and can influence others and share knowledge.
- Understand the need to validate the existing culture before attempting to change
- Demonstrate the ‘human’ in human resources, understanding your groups and identifying creative ways in which to engage them in all people related activity
- Able to think strategically and establish and translate a vision and strategy into clear, practical goals
- Practical experience providing formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of guidance.
- Business understanding, knowledge, professionalism; experience all aspects of how a business operates, develop, and articulate the value proposition of a new strategy, process, or program.
- Vital project planning and leadership skills
- CIPD qualified Level 7 or higher
Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio creating AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and Novato (California), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment. Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to continue to tell stories and engage players in worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish, and to be a studio that our team members feel is somewhere they can make difference and develop themselves alongside our games.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months. Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30-secondha walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.