JOB TITLE: Senior Character Artist
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Character Artist
We are looking for a talented Senior Character Artist to join our team. Someone to help us define the next generation of game characters. S/he will work with the team of character artists and in collaboration with the Lead, define, develop and maintain the game character assets. The Senior Character Artist works closely with the Lead Character Artist and other departments such as Technical Art, Animation, Cutscenes, Code, and QA departments to create the best possible result in the final game.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Lead Character Artist and Technical Artists to develop best practices for our character pipeline
- Create beautiful character art from concept art, 3D scan data and reference materials
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project
- Collaborate with other Art departments (especially animators Technical Artists and cutscene editors)
- Keep track of the latest trends in the given discipline
- Supervising and training less experienced colleagues
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Minimum three years of experience in the game industry
- Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture the personality
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing, or painting in the classic technique
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Secondary school or university degree in Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tools (Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc)
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.