JOB TITLE: UI/UX Artist
LOCATION: Brighton, UK or Brno, Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Studio Manager
Hangar 13 is looking for a UI Artist to help define a unique look for their new project. This person will need to have a good understanding of UX design and problem solving. They will work very closely with Artists, UX, UI and Designers from across the globe to push motion and visual design in ways that will help our game to become a standout hit.
What You Will Do:
- Assist art, design and UX with the visual look for a new Hangar 13 title.
- Open up the boundaries in visual fidelity, cohesion, and motion design.
- Design creative and effective UX solutions.
- Collaborate with Leads and Directors to define the overall vision, design and interface of next-gen titles.
- Create documentation to communicate the vision.
- Build working prototypes.
- Create and manage the ongoing development of all aspects of the games' UI.
- Work closely with the Usability department to improve the end user’s understanding of the UI.
- Ensure an overall high-quality level of UI design and User Experience.
- Adhere to the studio’s proprietary engine and push for the best implementation techniques of assets in-game.
- Collaborate actively with colleagues across the globe.
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must be ready to work with teams global teams.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects (Trapcode), Animate.
- Passion for games.
- Ability to craft and follow style guides.
- Ability to work within the memory constraints of a shipping game.
- Graphic design and typography prowess.
- Comfort in working with technical toolsets.
- You can work well under pressure.
- Experience working with cross-site teams.
Nice To Have:
- Strong Graphic Design portfolio
- Education in Art related fields
- WPF (windows presentation foundation) and XAML knowledge used in Noesis UI/UX pipeline
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.