JOB TITLE: QA Lead
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
What We Need:
The Senior QA Lead for assigned projects and staff manages the test process and submissions, planning of resources internally, ensuring the highest quality of product to deadlines, coordinating all related staff and departmental issues. Working in the office and reporting to a QA Manager or Director.
What You Will Do:
- Supervision of allocated project(s)
- Supervision of Sr. QA Testers and QA Testers
- Feedback & liaison with Functional & Compliance QA, Producers, Developers, and other external departments
- Liaison with Platform Holders to ensure guidelines & standards compliance
- Joint sign-off of development milestones & managing the submission process
- Manage bug reports, bug database, & QA reports
- Lead a team(s) on a day-to-day business
- Complete performance reviews, hold monthly 1:1 meetings, resolve any disciplinary issues appropriately and regularly support team development objectives
- Build successful working relationships with Internal & External, QA Departments locally & globally, Local Producers, and Platform Holders
- Actively participate in recruiting and interview process using Greenhouse
- Support Company Values and Vision, studio goals, and Learning & Development objects
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Leadership skills to include successfully handling ambiguity, flexibility & understanding of the development process, and maintain good relations with producers & developers
- Knowledge of bug database systems, QA process, test plan creation, and bug writing process
- Knowledge of format holder standards (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo)
- Hardworking, reliable, punctual, flexibility to work depending on deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, G Suite, Source Control, and Visual Studio
- Technically proficient with PCs, gaming consoles, and related hardware
- Ability to liaise with other departments via email, Zoom, and in-person
- 3+ years of industry experience as a Sr QA Tester or equivalent
- Passion for the video games industry
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a team using people leadership skills
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.