JOB TITLE: Principal Gameplay Animator
LOCATION: Novato, US
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
What We Need:
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Principal Gameplay Animator, who can create stunning animation for human and non-human characters.
This is an exciting opportunity to push your imagination and ability, whilst bringing your experience and skills complement our team.
What you will do:
- Focus on creating top quality gameplay animation, whether it's hand key animation or getting creative with motion capture.
- Collaborate with designers, programmers, and artists to deliver content that fits the vision and constraints.
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation software, test and debug gameplay animations.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with humans and non-human characters.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience creating gameplay animation for either player characters or NPC's.
- Experience with creating hand key animation and working with motion capture for gameplay features.
- 1 Shipped AAA game.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- A good understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Open to receive and apply critique on your work.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Have exceptional communication skills and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.