JOB TITLE: Lead UI Engineer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
What We Need:
Got what it takes to produce a cutting-edge AAA title? Be part of our passionate team and strive for excellence. Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned and passionate lead engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with like-minded professionals to create a truly amazing game. Develop, write, plan, and orchestrate code for the UI on next-generation video game projects.
What You Will Do:
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Collaborate with other disciplines (art, design, sound) in developing UI solutions
- Balance continuous systems improvements alongside ongoing product requirements
- Mentor and coach a talented team of UI engineers
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A good track record of leading a team of engineers
- At least one published title in a lead or senior UI engineering role
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Knowledge of multi-platform technical requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion in games and a keen eye for UX
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.