JOB TITLE: Gameplay Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Gameplay Engineer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Experience developing for games, preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Experience developing for game consoles
- One or more shipped PC or console game titles
- Experience working on core gameplay systems and/or AI
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.