Handy is a home services marketplace on a mission to disrupt the $400B home services market by seamlessly delivering every service to every home. Handy has fundamentally changed the way the world buys home services by making it as easy to buy a service online as it is to buy a product. We connect customers to vetted, independent local professionals at the tap of a button, while providing upfront pricing, customer choice in scheduling (no more pesky 4 hour windows), cashless payments and a service guarantee.
Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation and assembly services across the US, Canada and the UK. Handy offers its services both direct-to-consumer via our website and mobile apps and through partnerships with some of the largest retailers in the world, including Wayfair, Walmart, Lowes, Costco and more. As of 2019, Handy is an independently operated subsidiary of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world’s largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. This milestone is allowing us to expand to hundreds of more home services to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers and professionals.
About the team:
At Handy, we form small, high-impact teams and empower them to iterate rapidly. You’ll be joining one of the teams as a software engineer. As skillful individual contributors software engineers form the core middle-tier of our teams. You will be collaborating with your team members (engineering, product, and operations) to build and release features/products to production everyday. We practice continuous deployment and our engineers release web features throughout a day with a push of a button.
What you will do:
- Be part of a team that builds impactful features for our customers and pros everyday
- Collaborate with product and business teams to review specs and breakdown features into releasable chunks and work on those features
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural and design reviews, evangelize best engineering practices, and participate in Handy lunch & learn sessions (“Nuts & Bolts”)
- Be part of our production on-call rotation to support what you built
Who you are:
- A skillful engineer with at least 3+ years of full-time, hands-on experience in a web stack
- Well-versed in at least one object oriented programming language: Ruby, Python, etc.
- Always eager to understand and solve impactful business problems
- A great collaborator with both technical and non-technical team members
- Have a good foundational knowledge of programming languages, databases, operating systems, data structures, algorithms, and complexity trade-offs
- Having worked at or founded a growth-stage startup is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of the Flatiron district, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.