Our mission is to unlock people’s athletic potential. We are driven by a belief that athletics and cycling, in particular, have profound power to improve both individuals and society. The bicycle is practical, economical, entirely sustainable, and often the fastest vehicle in dense urban settings. The bicycle is also an elite performance machine, providing deep satisfaction and community to athletes who push themselves day after day in the quiet pursuit of excellence. We firmly believe that each hour spent on the bike makes us better versions of ourselves.
Our company sits at the intersection of technology and athletics. Our story began with a contradiction we identified in cyclings technology: bicycles used at the highest end of the sport are at the absolute pinnacle of material science, while cycling computers, on the other hand, are generationally behind other consumer technologies. In the Karoo 2 we’ve built software and hardware that is cutting edge and original, bringing the digital revolution to the bike, and completely altering the in ride experience.
As of 2022, Hammerhead has been acquired by SRAM, the manufacturer of innovative bicycle components that was founded in Chicago, Illinois, in September of 1987, with the invention of its first product, Grip Shift. Throughout its 32-year history, SRAM has focused on its product development innovation expertise in all bicycling disciplines and is the second largest manufacturer of bike parts in the world.
With a sizable Karoo user base and a community that’s deeply passionate about the product, we have tremendous momentum behind us and are hard at work developing the software layer of the bicycle.
Hammerhead is seeking a Product Manager to drive the strategy, roadmap and delivery of features across a suite of software products. In this “player/coach” role, you will partner closely with engineers, designers, and other product managers to advance the Hammerhead mission and empower our riders to use our products to make every ride better than the last. In addition to driving feature development forward, the Product Manager will be responsible for representing the voice of the rider and guiding go-to-market strategies.
Responsibilities + Outcomes
- Maintaining a product roadmap that drives forward the overall product strategy and business initiatives
- Prioritizing the work of the product team, managing the backlog, and juggling new requests
- Connecting with customers, riders, and internal partners to identify and prioritize features, bugs, and functionality
- Leveraging data to make informed decisions through the use of product analytics, support data, and qualitative research data
- Being the point person for the product team between design, engineering, marketing, and leadership
- You have impressive attention to detail and can identify those little touches that have a big impact on a product’s success
- You truly, madly, deeply believe in the value of design and user experience
- You're passionate about the delicate art and craft of product management
- You're a great storyteller that can inspire customers (and the company) around the future of our products
- You have experience with shipping wildly successful products
- As a Product Manager, you’re technical enough to earn the respect of our world-class engineers, creative enough to discuss design, empathetic enough to serve as the voice of our customer
- You can draft up product specs, set vision with clear problem statements, and lead customer-centric discussions that drive business value
- You've got proven experience with Agile and Scrum work processes and tools
- 2-3 years Software Product Management experience, preferably with cloud-based products and connected devices
- Experience working at the intersection of hardware and software products
- Cycling passion and experience desired
- Strong understanding of health, wellness, and athletic performance products and market
- Experience with SaaS product strategies
- Software Product Manager reports to Hammerhead's Vice President of Product, Jess Braun.
- This is a hybrid position, based out of Brooklyn, New York or Phoenixville, Pennsylvania with the option to work from home 2 days per week. Relocation packages available.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, Hammerhead will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.