Who We Are
Hammerhead sits at the intersection of technology and athletics and we began by identifying a contradiction in cycling tech: its digital technology is decades behind its material technology. The bikes used at the highest end of the sport are at the absolute pinnacle of material science, while cycling computers, on the other hand, are generationally behind other consumer technologies. In the Karoo 2 we are building software and hardware that is cutting edge and original, rather than derivative, bringing the digital revolution to the bike, and completely altering the in ride experience. Our mission is to unlock people’s athletic potential. We are driven by a belief that athletics broadly, and cycling in particular, have profound power to improve both individuals and society.
To date, Hammerhead has raised over $12M from top institutional investors including Primary Venture Partners, KB Partners, NEXT Ventures, Maveron and Courtside Ventures.
- Help users get the most out of their Karoo units:
- Interact with users on email, live chat, social media, video calls, and other communication platforms to ensure they have a great experience with Hammerhead and the Karoo.
- Troubleshoot various user issues:
- Karoo software
- Karoo hardware
- Karoo Set up and features
- Order management
- Build user loyalty:
- Foster relationships with users through a genuine shared passion for cycling and technology.
- Ensure Karoo users interactions with our team are polite, informative, empathetic, and fun.
- Help to convert potential customers into Karoo users:
- Clearly understand the value props and functionality of the Karoo 2 as well as the head-unit competitive landscape.
- Answer questions, discuss tech, and explain value props to prospective customers.
- Act as a product evangelist online and potentially at real world events.
- Gather, understand, and convey product and customer insights:
- Intimately understand users’ behavior.
- Assist our product teams in gathering user insights and prioritizing future product decisions.
- Passionate cyclist
- Past experience in customer facing role
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates empathy and finds satisfaction in interpersonal interactions
- Demonstrates great attention to detail, organization and work ethic.
- Is excited to become an expert in Karoo Software and Hardware
- Is flexible and able to adjust in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Is flexible to work odd times when required including evenings and weekends
- Is able to master email and chat communication tools
- Familiar with target market and other competitors (i.e. Garmin, Wahoo, etc)
- Calm demeanor and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations and conversations.
- Experience working in a consumer tech company.
- Language ability, especially in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Experience working with teams across multiple regions, time zones, and cultures.
- Deep bicycle industry experience.
Working at Hammerhead:
On a mission to win
We are here to build the best product in our category, and have assembled a team of highly disciplined individuals dedicated to mastering our craft. We will only build products that we believe will be the best in their class, and are fully focused on making Karoo 2 the world’s best cycling computer. We are not interested in spreading ourselves thin to produce a wide range of products that won't push the boundaries of their categories.
Playing as a team
We have a strong culture of athletics, with many members of the team being passionate cyclists. This provides a basis for excellence, as we seek to foster in our work environment, that same dedication, precision and camaraderie of an elite sport team. We all play our part with excellence, and are willing to step outside of our role when necessary to block and tackle for each other, in the knowledge that everyone else is bringing the same dedication to the mission.
We believe that taking ownership, and focusing on the problems and solutions that we can control, regardless of how small they might be, is the most effective way to operate as individuals and as a team. We do not make excuses, and we take ownership at all levels, because taking ownership leads to clear steps for action and creates a great work environment of humility. We provide honest, clear, feedback from another, even when it might be easier not to do so.
Building a team of excellence, allows us to provide maximum freedom in the structure of our work. We have created systems for remote work since our company’s inception, offer flexible work hours, and limitless time off. We celebrate excellence at work, and in play, recognizing each team member's contribution, and financially supporting personal athletic goals. Interpersonal relationships are key to success and we provide formal and informal company gatherings and retreats throughout the year in beautiful locations.
In building a team of outstanding individuals, we offer extremely competitive salary and compensation packages, with unlimited vacation time. The health and wellness of our team is essential and we offer insurance packages that include free medical, dental, and vision plans. We also offer wellness perks with monthly fitness reimbursements and a yearly allowance to travel to a fitness event with colleagues. Finally working at Hammerhead means amazing cycling gear and other cool swag.
We are looking for:
We seek those inspired by our vision to unlock peoples athletic potential, and eager to dive into the challenges of bringing extraordinary technology to life through all the uncertainties of product development and business. We are looking for individuals who are responsible, responsive, attentive, and kind, and a pleasure to work with. A pre-existing passion for athletics in general and cycling in particular is a huge plus.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, Hammerhead will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.