Who We Are
Hammerhead sits at the intersection of technology and athletics and we began by identifying a contradiction in cycling tech: its digital technology is decades behind its material technology. The bikes used at the highest end of the sport are at the absolute pinnacle of material science, while cycling computers, on the other hand, are generationally behind other consumer technologies. In the Karoo 2 we are building software and hardware that is cutting edge and original, rather than derivative, bringing the digital revolution to the bike, and completely altering the in ride experience. Our mission is to unlock people’s athletic potential. We are driven by a belief that athletics broadly, and cycling in particular, have profound power to improve both individuals and society.
To date, Hammerhead has raised over $12M from top institutional investors including Primary Venture Partners, KB Partners, NEXT Ventures, Maveron and Courtside Ventures.
As the Karoo Customer Experience Lead you will:
- Assist with Hammerhead customer success strategy:
- Help to define and implement strategy to build Hammerhead into an customer experience industry leader.
- Manage Customer Success Team
- Hire and develop our team in the United States and work closely with our teams overseas.
- Ensure excellent information flow to our Product Team:
- Gather, understand, and convey product and user insights to our Product Team to assist with overall product prioritization, new feature development, and performance.
- Ensure excellent information flow to our Marketing Teams
- Assist our Marketing Teams with effective communication to existing and prospective customers.
- Assist with support policy architecture.
- Intimately understand user expectations, and become familiar with legal frameworks across our domestic and international markets to architect generous customer facing support policies.
- Define internal systems, tools, and processes
- Improve processes and tools used by Customer Experience Team for ticketing and information flows, across multiple support platforms.
- Act as a Karoo 2 subject expert.
- Clearly understand the value props of the Karoo 2 as well as the head-unit competitive landscape.
- Provide expert knowledge in Karoo Software, Hardware, and Logistics infrastructure.
- Build user loyalty
- Ensure all interactions with users are helpful, informative, empathetic, and fun.
- Follow up personally with unsatisfied users when necessary to turn detractors into advocates.
- 5+ years of significant management experience.
- Past experience leading Customer Success teams
- Past experience working with Product and Software teams.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Leads by example
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic approach and organizational skills
- Familiar with ticketing systems, chat, and video support.
- Is excited to become a Karoo expert.
- Is flexible and able to adjust in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Is flexible to work odd times when required including evenings and weekends
- Familiar with target market and other competitors (i.e. Garmin, Wahoo, etc)
- Calm demeanor and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations and conversations.
Working at Hammerhead:
On a mission to win
We are here to build the best product in our category, and have assembled a team of highly disciplined individuals dedicated to mastering our craft. We will only build products that we believe will be the best in their class, and are fully focused on making Karoo 2 the world’s best cycling computer. We are not interested in spreading ourselves thin to produce a wide range of products that won't push the boundaries of their categories.
Playing as a team
We have a strong culture of athletics, with many members of the team being passionate cyclists. This provides a basis for excellence, as we seek to foster in our work environment, that same dedication, precision and camaraderie of an elite sport team. We all play our part with excellence, and are willing to step outside of our role when necessary to block and tackle for each other, in the knowledge that everyone else is bringing the same dedication to the mission.
We believe that taking ownership, and focusing on the problems and solutions that we can control, regardless of how small they might be, is the most effective way to operate as individuals and as a team. We do not make excuses, and we take ownership at all levels, because taking ownership leads to clear steps for action and creates a great work environment of humility. We provide honest, clear, feedback from another, even when it might be easier not to do so.
Building a team of excellence, allows us to provide maximum freedom in the structure of our work. We have created systems for remote work since our company’s inception, offer flexible work hours, and limitless time off. We celebrate excellence at work, and in play, recognizing each team member's contribution, and financially supporting personal athletic goals. Interpersonal relationships are key to success and we provide formal and informal company gatherings and retreats throughout the year in beautiful locations.
In building a team of outstanding individuals, we offer extremely competitive salary and compensation packages, with unlimited vacation time. The health and wellness of our team is essential and we offer insurance packages that include free medical, dental, and vision plans. We also offer wellness perks with monthly fitness reimbursements and a yearly allowance to travel to a fitness event with colleagues. Finally working at Hammerhead means amazing cycling gear and other cool swag.
We are looking for:
We seek those inspired by our vision to unlock peoples athletic potential, and eager to dive into the challenges of bringing extraordinary technology to life through all the uncertainties of product development and business. We are looking for individuals who are responsible, responsive, attentive, and kind, and a pleasure to work with. A pre-existing passion for athletics in general and cycling in particular is a huge plus.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, Hammerhead will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.