Who We Are
Hammerhead sits at the intersection of technology and athletics and we began by identifying a contradiction in cycling tech: its digital technology is decades behind its material technology. The bikes used at the highest end of the sport are at the absolute pinnacle of material science, while cycling computers, on the other hand, are generationally behind other consumer technologies. In the Karoo 2 we are building software and hardware that is cutting edge and original, rather than derivative, bringing the digital revolution to the bike, and completely altering the in ride experience. Our mission is to unlock people’s athletic potential. We are driven by a belief that athletics broadly, and cycling in particular, have profound power to improve both individuals and society.
To date, Hammerhead has raised over $12M from top institutional investors including Primary Venture Partners, KB Partners, NEXT Ventures, Maveron and Courtside Ventures.
Hammerhead is looking for an energetic and dedicated Recruiter to be a founding member of our People team. Obsessively organized and people-focused, as our team continues to grow you will be at the forefront of our recruitment process and will have a heavy influence on our Talent program development. As Recruiter, you embody Hammerhead’s commitment to excellence and look for any opportunity to create an exceptional experience for our external and internal customers - candidates and hiring teams. As someone who is very team-oriented, you see your success as directly tied to our teams, and know the opposite to also be true. You find the challenges of an ever-changing start-up environment energizing, and are motivated by the potential for professional growth. This role will be part of our People team, reporting to the Head of People.
As Recruiter, your mission is to facilitate the curation of an elite team of value-aligned performers that will drive Hammerhead’s success and lay the foundation for a world-class organization as we scale.
What You’ll Do
- Successful full-cycle recruitment for up to 8-12 requisitions per quarter, as we continue to rapidly scale our team;
- An exciting candidate experience imbued with the qualities that make Hammerhead an incredible place to work - a drive for excellence, a focus on world-class customer experience, and strong team orientation;
- Frictionless hiring team experience, facilitating our colleagues focus on making the best assessments of their team need and candidate fit;
- A diversified pipeline that allows us to strengthen our workforce by continuously bringing in unique skill-sets and broader perspectives;
- Creative, data-driven process improvements that ensure our team is aggressive and innovative in our pursuit of top talent.
What You’ll Need
- 2-4 years of experience as a recruiter
- 1 year of experience working on a partially or fully distributed team
- Flexibility to work on a globally distributed team
- Proficiency in our highly integrated tech stack, including GSuite, Slack, Asana, and Greenhouse
- Exceptional detail orientation, and skills to execute accordingly;
- Superior follow-through, particularly when managing multiple priorities and communication streams;
- Dedication, a strong work ethic, and an intrinsic drive for excellence that acts as your primary motivator;
- A high level of empathy, compassion, and understanding for the challenges of being both a job-seeker and hiring team
- Enthusiasm for facilitating exceptional experience and service for our internal and external customers
- Enterprising nature, a curiosity to learn, and a propensity toward creative problem solving
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with options for no cost out of pocket plans
- Yearly travel allowance to be used on fitness events with colleagues
Working at Hammerhead:
On a mission to win
We are here to build the best product in our category, and have assembled a team of highly disciplined individuals dedicated to mastering our craft. We will only build products that we believe will be the best in their class, and are fully focused on making Karoo 2 the world’s best cycling computer. We are not interested in spreading ourselves thin to produce a wide range of products that won't push the boundaries of their categories.
Playing as a team
We have a strong culture of athletics, with many members of the team being passionate cyclists. This provides a basis for excellence, as we seek to foster in our work environment, that same dedication, precision and camaraderie of an elite sport team. We all play our part with excellence, and are willing to step outside of our role when necessary to block and tackle for each other, in the knowledge that everyone else is bringing the same dedication to the mission.
We believe that taking ownership, and focusing on the problems and solutions that we can control, regardless of how small they might be, is the most effective way to operate as individuals and as a team. We do not make excuses, and we take ownership at all levels, because taking ownership leads to clear steps for action and creates a great work environment of humility. We provide honest, clear, feedback from another, even when it might be easier not to do so.
Building a team of excellence, allows us to provide maximum freedom in the structure of our work. We have created systems for remote work since our company’s inception, offer flexible work hours, and limitless time off. We celebrate excellence at work, and in play, recognizing each team member's contribution, and financially supporting personal athletic goals. Interpersonal relationships are key to success and we provide formal and informal company gatherings and retreats throughout the year in beautiful locations.
As a Equal Opportunity Employer, Hammerhead will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.