Our mission is to unlock people’s athletic potential. We are driven by a belief that athletics broadly, and cycling in particular, have profound power to improve both individuals and society. The bicycle is practical, quiet, economical, doesn’t pollute, is entirely sustainable, and often the fastest vehicle in dense urban settings. This same vehicle is also an elite performance machine, providing deep satisfaction and community to athletes who push themselves day after day in the quiet pursuit of excellence. We firmly believe that each hour spent on the bike makes us better versions of ourselves.
Our company sits at the intersection of technology and athletics and we have begun with a contradiction we identified in cycling tech: its digital technology is decades behind its material technology. The bikes used at the highest end of the sport are at the absolute pinnacle of material science, while cycling computers, on the other hand, are generationally behind other consumer technologies. In the Karoo 2 we are building software and hardware that is cutting edge and original, rather than derivative, bringing the digital revolution to the bike, and completely altering the in ride experience.
With a sizable Karoo user base and a community that’s deeply passionate about the product, we have tremendous momentum behind us, and are hard at work. We announced the Karoo 2 in August, and it will set a new standard when it launches at the end of 2020.
The Global Marketing Manager Role:
We are looking for a Global Marketing Manager to nurture key relationships (key press, riders, teams, and affiliates), contribute to marketing strategy and ideas, and be the written voice of our brand. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, and working closely with them and fellow Marketing team members, you’d be responsible for successfully driving organic brand growth and awareness.
As Global Marketing Manager, you will be:
- Part press lead, copywriter, and editor
- Be the written voice of the Hammerhead brand in copy, emails, ads, blog posts, investor material, and press releases
- Build and maintain our industry press relationships
- Manage external PR agency partners
- Own our press campaigns and be the source of information for all external parties
- Part marketer and community builder
- Contributing insights into our overall marketing strategy
- Day-to-day management and execution of key industry partnerships
- Be a thought leader in building our organic content strategy (social media, blog, and YouTube posts)
- Design, grow and maintain our affiliate program and partners
Who we need for this role:
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of combined press and marketing experience
- Cycling industry experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Deep knowledge and a finger on the pulse of the cycling industry
- Knowledge of the key players within the cycling press
- Experience managing people (staff, vendors, and partners)
- Excellent communicator
- Project management experience
- Creative thinker
- Ability to think on the fly when strategy shifts
Working at Hammerhead:
On a mission to win
We are here to build the best product in our category and have assembled a team of highly disciplined individuals dedicated to mastering our craft. We will only build products that we believe will be the best in their class, and are fully focused on making Karoo 2 the world’s best cycling computer. We are not interested in spreading ourselves thin to produce a wide range of products that won't push the boundaries of their categories.
Playing as a team
We have a strong culture of athletics, with many members of the team being passionate cyclists. This provides a basis for excellence, as we seek to foster in our work environment, that same dedication, precision, and camaraderie of an elite sport team. We all play our part with excellence and are willing to step outside of our role when necessary to block and tackle for each other, in the knowledge that everyone else is bringing the same dedication to the mission.